[vip_students] Re: Update on Dick Craigs Health!

  • From: "Aedan O'Meara" <aomeara@xxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 18:42:22 -0000

Hi all,
I only returned from abroad last night, but Paul kept me abreast of Dick's
failing health by txt msgs since we all first got the shocking news. I offer
his partner June and his family and friends my sincere sympathy. He had one
of the most enquiring minds I have ever known. His versatility was
astounding. Not only in literature and music and science but his workshop
which I had the terrifying experience to visit with full cleverly protected
powered bench saws and a  lathe and tools of all sorts was mind blowing!
He was a very keen radio ham as I am as well, and will be missed by many
radio ham friends, both here and in his home country Scotland.
He was an extroardinarily generous man as well, and I know that many blind
persons and others owe him a debt of gratitude.
May he rest in peace.
I note the lovely suggestion of a re run of that item in the Sunday
Miscellany program at 9am on Sundays on RTE1, which I had the pleasure of
hearing, but I cannot remember the year or the date.

Regards and a Happy new Year to all,

Aedan O'Meara.