[vip_students] Re: The Facebook app

  • From: Mairead O Mahony <maireadomahony@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 15:39:13 +0000

Hi Joan Ann,
I had the exact same issue with Facebook and the Internet when I first
got my iPhone 6.  I don't have the issue as much now but I still
sometimes experience it.  I updated to the latest IOS and Facebook
app.
The next thing I did was turned off the option in Facebook to have
videos from autoplaying.
To do this go in to more on the bottom right in the Facebook app, and
then click on settings near the bottom.
Now you will have options such as general, security, privacy etc.
Locate the option for video and photos and double tap on that link.
Where it says autoplay set it to off.  Mine was automatically set to wifi.

I am not sure if this was definitly the issue but at least it will
stop videos from automatically downloading the minute you open up the
app and it definitly doesn't seem as sluggish.  Now if you want to
watch a video that someone uploads you have to locate the play button
for it to start playing.  I definitly think IOS 8 is more buggy with
voice over than previous versions.  I am often finding that sometimes
I have to turn off and on voice over using the treble tap on the home
button for the phone to start talking to me again.

Hope this helps
Mairead