[vip_students] I Phone App.

  • From: Pat <patrickreynolds1@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 00:48:50 +0000 (GMT)

I don't know if any of you are familiar with the I Phone app Zoom reader.  This
is a ,      ai squared  product   I have recently purchased this app and find
this to be very good, initially I almost gave up on it but with a little
patience and perseverance I have finally mastered it.  This application can
easily scan an A4 page and read it back within seconds at first i found it very
difficult but now I have and 90 to 95% success rate I would have no hesitation
in recommending it to any buddy with low vision however I may be wrong but I
would be a bit reluctant in recommending it to someone completely blind because
you would have to see what you're scanning.  If there was a stand that would
hold it at the right height it might work, orientation would be another problem
but it would only be a matter of Rearrangement of the sheet.  It is not perfect
but at a price of €20 it is not that bad check it out on the App store.