[vip_students] Do you use a braille display?

  • From: "Cearbhal O'Meadhra" <cearbhall.omeadhra@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 21:18:58 -0000

Hi,

Please forgive the cross postings but I would like to hear from as many
people as possible.

I am planning a project to build a driver for some braille displays to run
with NVDA. I would like to gather information on the braille displays
currently in use among our colleagues.

If you use a braille display or have one but no longer use it could you
respond here or even mail me privately at cearbhall.omeadhra@xxxxxxx if you
prefer.

I would be reluctant to start a design project if nobody is using say a
Braille Lite 2000 18 cell or a Braille Note or Pacmate, etc.

Here are some sample answers that would give me enough information to go on:
1. The Braille Device name
2. The version number
3. Approximate year of purchase
4. The names of the screen readers you use with the braille display (if
any).
5. Some tasks not involving  the screen reader that you use the braille
display for.

All the best,

Cearbhall

m +353 (0)833323487 Ph: _353 (0)1-2864623 e: cearbhall.omeadhra@xxxxxxx