[vip_students] Re: Computer related: Diary reminders!

  • From: "noreenmeagher" <noreenmeagher@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 23:42:46 -0000

   Hi Robert,
Copied this from a tutorial on Add-Aware sent to the list by Paul.
Noreen

Instructions for cleaning off spyware from the computer using ad-aware .

1. If you are using jaws versions of the ad-aware scripts from jaws version
6 onward the below will apply.
1. After installing scripts and opening up ad-aware check to see if the
correct scripts have loaded for ad-aware and jaws by pressing keys "insert
plus
letter Q". You will hear jaws say something like "ad-aware scripts are
loaded" if the correct scripts for this program are running. If jaws says
"default
scripts are loaded" then the correct ad-aware scripts are not installed or
not installed correctly.
2. Assuming the correct scripts are running with ad-aware press "control
plus letter S" to begin the scan process. You will then be asked to choose a
type
of scan, I always like to do a full system scan so press the down arrow to
move the list of 3 choices.
3. Now press the keys "control plus letter N" to start the scanning off.
4. When ad-aware is finished it will let off a bit of a burping sound to
indicate it has finished its scan of the computer.
5. Now press keys "control plus letter N" to move to the next stage.
6. Press keys "control plus shift plus letter L" to jump to the "critical
objects tab page.
7. Now press keys "control plus letter M" to mark all objects for removal.
8. Now press keys "control plus letter N" to begin removing the bad objects
and press enter key on the ok button.
The processing of cleaning off the spyware has now been completed.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Forde" <bobforde2020@xxxxxxxxxx>