[vicsireland] Re: research on audio CAPTCHA

  • From: Jim Dunleavy <jim.dunleavy@xxxxxx>
  • To: vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 11:45:51 +0100

Hi,

It wouldn't work for a high traffic, popular site because it would be
easily broken.  A low traffic or less popular site probably wouldn't need
any kind of CAPTCHA system.
Has anyone investigated the possibilities of decentralised identity
management
systems such as OpenID?
The idea is that you can have just one identity (username and password)
roughly speaking, and service providers delegate to your identity
management service for verification.
So, for example, if Google were an identity management service, you
could use your Gmail address for every service that required
registration.
I don't think it would completely eliminitate CAPTCHAs, but it could
make life easier.

--Jim