[vicsireland] Re: research on audio CAPTCHA

  • From: "Claude Saulnier" <claude.saulnier@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 11:37:43 +0100

Tx Robbie

We have regular form spam from one of our websites. What I see is pretty
much random content appart from a "valid" email, ie name at domain dot com
and the comments that include the rubish text.

Captchas are random images, with the Jaws issue. You cannot use an alt tag
otherwise the bot would take it.

The suggestion is to actually use plain text, so it would work with Jaws,
but would be more difficult for the bot to compute. The questions may not be
a calculation.

Claude