[vicsireland] Re: grade 3 braille

  • From: "Flor Lynch" <florlync@xxxxxx>
  • To: <vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 13:18:56 +0100

Hi Joan Ann,

Grade three braille was/is an advanced (or 'shorthand braille') code
developed largely in America in the early 1930's.  the British braille
shorthand system is a bit different, being largely based on sighted or
typists' shorthand.  Not many people in the States have learned Grade Three,
and it never became formally established.  Now I must go look at that
blindcooltech site again soon, for that tutorial info and other recent
updates. - Flor.