[vicsireland] Re: document recovery

  • From: RobbieS <robbiesin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 13:15:59 +0000

Hi Tim,

I worked out the problem on Friday night.

the Windows Update had hidden the AppData folder (so much so, that even
Word couldn't find it for the purposes of AutoRecovery).  In Microsoft Word
2003 I went to File (Alt+F), and Open (O), and then to Users/MyName/, and
then wrote in the text-field "AppData".  It opened, as did all folders in
it.  By clicking on (*.all files) in the 'fyle type' field, I was able to
get all of the relevant .asd files to open.

My satisfaction in having worked it out is tempered by a frustration at
Windows' default designs.

Regards,

Robbie