[vicsireland] Vics UCC Technology Day

  • From: "Tony Sweeney" <tonysweeney1@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "vics" <vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 15:25:14 +0100

Apologies to any of you who have already received the below from me!

I am finding that some of my lists emails lately (for some reason or other)
are not hitting the spot where they should!
Hi Stuart & All,

Thank you for directing us to the UCC website!

It is a good one indeed!

The university appears to be fairly easy to get to!

I look forward to more info (including more directions) approaching the
event date but in the meantime here is part of what I found on their website
to sort of get us in to the groove so to speak!

Tony.

Visitors to UCC

By car or on foot
Directions from the City to the Main Campus

The main campus of UCC is half a mile west of Cork city centre - about
fifteen minutes walk along Washington Street from the Grand Parade (or take
city bus).
Other campus locations are shown on the campus map and city map (available
soon).

The College Gates on Western Road are ceremonial (pedestrian access only).
The main vehicle entrance to the main campus is on College Road, and there
are
side entrances on Donovan's Hill, Gaol Walk, and other entrances on College
Road.

Other UCC locations around the city tend to have a single main entrance.
There are usually plenty of taxis in the city (Patrick Street) and at the
airport,
rail and bus stations, but check with your contact in UCC before arrival to
make sure you give the driver the correct address. Taxis from the city
centre
cost about ?5.