[vi-tech-testers] Re: Introduction

  • From: M F Mason <mfmason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vi-tech-testers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 May 2014 16:44:08 +0100

Hello,

My name is Mike Mason.
My background has been in software development.
I worked for IBM as a staff software engineer until 2004 - now retired.
.
Computing for the blind is a significant interest for me
and the idea of being able to recover and restore systems independently as a blind person is something which matters to me a great deal as we have no sighted help in the house.

Many thanks,

Mike.
At 10:27 17/05/2014, you wrote:
Hello.

This is a test message to the vi-tech-testers list to see if people receive it. perhaps we can all reply with a short introduction or something to test functionality and to ensure everyone's on board?

My name's Mo and all of you have doubtless seen me around on various lists. My backround's in PC hardware with over 10 years experience building/recycling computers, as well as server administration and networking wiring etc. I spend my time reviewing products, providing technical support and custom building/recycling computers for people, and providing advice on various hardware for the blind. I'm also a huge fan of the raspberry PI, and the linux operating system and very supportive of any open source project. Projects i've worked on include the Raspberry VI project to make the raspberry Pi accessible, Vinux an accessible version of linux for the blind, and working with Eset, Avast and Natwest to make their applications accessible among others. enough of me... over to you.

Mo.