[vi-kindle] Re: vi-kindle Digest V3 #24

  • From: Christopher Hawthorne Moss <christopherhmoss@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2013 21:39:00 -0700

The Kindle Fire latest generation supposedly has text to speech. It's not a stand alone ereader but a tablet.

I wonder if they mean to include a waiver of accessibility for college Kindles too?

Theoretically you will still be able to read books aloud on the Kindle for PC... but that leaves you glued to your computer right?

I make my living writing and part of my marketing is book reviews in the narrow genre I work in. Practically none of those books in that genre are available through the NLS. I would basically be cut off from my livelihood in any meaningful way. I have a DaVinci so I theoretically could read print books.. but can and would want to in a practical way are two different things. It would necessitate sitting in one place for hours and reading page after page. With the Kindle I was able to ride the bus, lie in the dark, go about doing chores, that may not seem like such a sacrifice but just being able to read page after page pretty much effortlessly is a terrible thing to lose.

Cordially,

Christopher Hawthorne Moss ("Kit")
christopherhmoss@xxxxxxxxx
That's All I Read/Kit Moss Reviews at http://kitmossreviews.blogspot.com
Our Story: GLBTQ Historical Fiction at www.glbtbookshelf.com
My books: www.shield-wall.com

WHERE MY LOVE LIES DREAMING by Christopher Hawthorne Moss
http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=4126
When the Civil War began, it split more than just brothers...

"It’s not the world that was my oppressor, because what the world does to you if the world does it to you long enough and effectively enough, you begin to do to yourself. You become a collaborator...because you believe the same things they do." James Baldwin to Nicki Giovanni, 1973