[vi-kindle] Re: archived items

  • From: Craig Werner <craig_werner@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2012 14:03:15 -0400

David, your assumptions are right on the mark. One can always re-insert an archived book into the Kindle home page by downloading it again. If a user wants to produce an uncluttered home page, he or she can move all materials not being actively read into the archives and later retrieve them on an as-needed basis.

Craig

On 8/18/2012 1:23 PM, David Goldfield wrote:
Hi.  I'm plodding through the Kindle Users' Guide.  If I am interpreting
what I am reading from that manual it seems that the purpose of the
Archived Items folder is actually a way to keep track of items you've
deleted but which are still stored on Amazon in your cloud-based
library.  Here's an example.
You've downloaded a book and you decide that you want to remove it from
your Kindle.  When you point to the book from the home screen and move
(I think) left to the item "remove from device" this causes the item to
be removed but it goes into the Archived Items folder. At first I
assumed this was like a Recycle bin but the manual seems to indicate
that this is just a list of deleted books which can, if you choose, be
redownloaded.  When you open a book which is located in Archived Items
it seems to download the book again from Amazon. Again, this is what
I've gathered from the manual but let me know if I'm misreading this.
David
SM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Actually, you can delete books from the archives :-)

Sent from my iPad

On Aug 18, 2012, at 5:23 AM, "JANE SHEEHAN" <jcsheehan1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

No, I don't think you can delete items from archives, but you don't
have to
look at them, they just stay there.

Jane Sheehan
jcsheehan1@xxxxxxxxxxx