(VICT) Re: petting dogs while in harness was alex dog attack

  • From: ollie <sinisorsa@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 17:04:05 +0200

I don't mind people petting Pretty while she's in harness, because
she doesn't mind.
It doesn't affect her work.  I only make sure I'm in control; I tend
to me stricer when I find myself in a place I'm not very familiar with.
The main problem here in Italy is that when people see dogs and
children, they always want to feed them something nice.
Pretty is terible when it comes to food. I've succeeded in teaching
her not to pick up things from the ground when we're out (in the
house she's allowed, when I drop something inadvertantly, if that's
not bad for her. If I say "Lascia", she won't pick it up).
However, if someone offers her food, she can't resist it. So I have
to be very careful, and ready to say "Lascia" whenever I realize
someone wants to feed her something.
The most awful thing is that people very rarely ask if they can feed
the dog goodies. That really makes me mad, and sometimes I just lost
control and started to scream at people, even in cafeterias... Not
very edifying, I suppose, but they asked for it! (LOL).

Ciao,
Ollie