(VICT) Re: Alex outing

  • From: "DIANNE B. PHELPS AND PRIMROSE" <d.bphelps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 13:28:17 -0700

Sandy,

I completely understand how upset you were at your dog's stomach upset on
the bus the other day, but years ago, I had a dog who would routinely barf
two to three times per week for now definable reason at all. We would get
into the back of a store while shopping, and this would come on her. It was
just a small bit of bilious material that would come up, but it was
embarrassing, and I never seemed prepared for it. We tried to determine what
was causing this, but never found the reason which, along with other things,
probably should have retired her, but I was a young adult who never wanted
to make waves, if you know what I mean.

Near the end of that dog's career, I worked in an office which was located
in what I called the bowels of a certain hospital, not at all close to a
door. At that point, I became really good at placing the waste basket under
the dog's head to catch the barf.

Hopefully, in your dog's case, it was a one-time thing, and try not to be
too embarrassed about it because there were those who were definitely worse.

Dianne and Primrose