(VICT) Pre-emptive obedience?!

  • From: "Gisele Mesnage" <gisele@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 13:09:36 +1000

Hello all

This morning, I did a bit of clicker training obedience with my dog Katie.  One
of the commands I am trying to instil is "On your mat!" I don't click or treat
her until I hear the rustling noise of Katie scrunching up her mat.  Later in
the morning, obedience session out of my mind, I walked into the room where her
mat is, Katie tagging along behind me as always.  Suddenly, I felt Katie rush
past me, and next thing I heard the distinct rustling noise of her getting on
her mat.  And there she was, sitting pretty, tail wagging and waiting for a
treat! Is this a case of pre-emptive obedience? <s>

Cheers,

Gisele

gisele@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx