(VICT) One Year Ago Today

  • From: "Karyn and Thane" <bcpaws4me@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Vi-clicker" <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 15:22:27 -0700

It is hard to believe that an entire year has passed since that
heart-wrenching day when I said goodby to Chimette. He had been my awesome
teacher, my sidekick of nearly a decade and somehow I was supposed to just
cut those strings in an instant as his heart pumped its last.
Met had taught me so much- he taught me how to train and how not to train
too. He taught me how to slow down in life; to enjoy the simple things and
above all to have patience. He taught me to truly live and love life; to
Dance through the wonderful times. The hard times were merely bumps along
the road that made us stronger- not just as individuals, but as a team. I
never imagined what was instore for me the day I had to say goodbye. I had
never fully grasped how much Met was truly doing for me, until he was no
longer there. Met was the strongest dog I have ever met, the most courageous
to keep on despite chronic health needs and yet it was he who taught me time
and again- not just about life itself but about where the veterinary field
and individuals within it can be so very wrong. I can't have the wrong
choices back to re-do in Met's life, but I can take the lessons I learned
and apply them to Thane and any future dog I have. In doing so I am keeping
Met very much with me.
I love Met with all my heart, but that journey- that portion of my life is
over now. I still have my heartache moments, moments where I miss how we
worked together- but when I picture me and my sidekick, in Met's place, my
mind sees the vibrance of Thane. That's the way it belongs afterall isn't
it? Met is my past, Thane is my present, who knows who my future will be!

Karyn and Thane