(VICT) Cali's harness [was Re: Dolores and Cali's blog]

  • From: "Karyn and Thane" <bcpaws4me@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Vi-clicker" <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 18:12:26 -0700

Since I ride the bus with my guide dog, I thought I would point out another
positive of a removable handle. The ability to remove it! Grin
Thane got hung up on the bus one day because I forgot to remove his, the
result is one of his handles is on its way back to Julie (On the Go) for
repair.
I suspect this is not quite as big of an issue with American Style harnesses
where the handle has some restriction of movement, but with a British style
it can easily get tangled with the dog or surrounding seats.
I'm in the process of re-designing Thane's harness. I would like the option
of using a harness of either type. His new harness will allow for that and
in doing so we will have two different length harness handles when all is
said and done. I may even have an adventure where for certain parts I want
it American and certain I want it British Smile
Now if I could just find time to spend making the thing we would be all set.
I would hate a harness handle that can not be removed from the harness. I
did not even know those exist.
It will be interesting to follow Cali's training and the process with public
transportation.

Karyn and Thane