[vi-android] Re: Braille Back

  • From: Sharonda Greenlaw <sbgreenlaw@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 05:13:53 -0700

The other thing I learned with Braille Back is that  you have to
enable the braille display as a keyboard in Input devices in order to
use it on the phone. So you have a few things you have to do first.
(1) Go and download Braille Back from the Play Store--it's free. (2)
Turn on your Bluetooth and have it scan for your braille display. It
will and then you connect, just like any other BT device. (3) Go into
settings\accessibility\Vision and enable Braille Back and tell it what
settings you want it to use. It too will find your display once all is
working and connected. (4) Go into input devices and enable the
Braille Hardware keyboard. It's a checkbox. This allows you to write
with your display in any edit field.

As I said, braille is quite responsive! Also, as has been previously
written, you can only type in Grade 1, but you can read in Grade 2.

Hth,
Sharonda

--
Sharonda Greenlaw