[va-richmond-general] Re: Y B Cuckoo and unusual mockingbird

  • From: "IE Ries" <ieries@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 10:11:53 -0400

I was there on Tuesday and at Point-of-Rocks yesterday and I, too, noticed
the Yellowbill's "talking" loudly and frequently.  I have seen Yellowbills
up close at the riverfront walk at Henricus (back in June, one nearly landed
on my head as it was coming out of a lowlying clump of bushes and flew up to
a higher limb), as well as on the Dutch Gap Trail.  They seem to enjoy
calling from a hidden glade and maddening the birder trying to find them.

Irene
Southside