[va-richmond-general] Re: Where is everybody, spring edition

  • From: Allison T <atillett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 08:25:25 -0400

There may be fewer bluebirds around because many of them did not survive
the winter due to the cold. Apparently, some of the monitored bluebird
boxes in the area were found to have huddles of perished bluebirds in them,
and hearsay made it sound like this was a report that was not unique to one
area of Richmond...very very sad.

Allison

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 11:02 PM, Kristina McCullough <
dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Now I feel guilty, they must all be in Powhatan. We've actually had our
usual compliment plus some. Fox sparrows this winter, a persistant WEVI
and it sounds like nesting Summer Tanagers and more thrushes than usual.
We are a little light on bluebirds this year though and haven't heard any
quail yet. Can't tell if the Kingfishers are nesting though we've heard
them a couple times. Is anyone else seeing fewer nesting bluebirds?
Kristi

*Kristina McCullough*