[va-richmond-general] Where is everybody, spring edition

  • From: Lisa Mease <kunsthure@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Richmond Birders <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 19:07:10 -0400

Hello, all,

Is it just me or are there fewer birds around this year? And the ones that
are here showed up later? I have not had a single migrant warbler in my
yard so far and Glen Allen HS is pretty much dead except for towhees (I'm
there 2x day walking my dog). There were huge mixed flocks of black birds
foraging every morning last spring but I've barely seen Starlings! And the
weirdest thing is that I have Grackles now. I've lived in my neighborhood
for 4 years and have *never* seen Grackles. 😕

-Lisa

--

-----
the hardest thing is rendering a moment moving too fast to endure. --