[va-richmond-general] Sunday Hunting Bill and Other Pending Legislation

  • From: Eileen Geller <geller.eileen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bblanton1@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 07:59:28 -0500

Thanks Bruce.

I've attached my original email on the Sunday hunting bill which includes
some talking points from the Humane Society that you may use in your message
to your Senator.  This bill was on the Committee's docket on January 17th,
but it was "passed by," which just means that the patron temporarily
withdrew it from the docket.  I have heard that it will be back on the
Committee's January 31st docket (one week from tomorrow).  So there is still
time to contact your Senator.

Since my last email, however, a Delegate from Northern Virginia added an
identical bill in the House, HB 2442, as well as HB 2443, which would allow
Sunday bow-hunting in Northern Virginia.  Both bills have been referred to
the House Committee on Agriculture, Chesapeake and Natural Resources.

Here is the contact information for the local Delegates who sit on that
committee:

Chairman Del. Harvey Morgan – District 98 (Gloucester)

(804) 698-1098
email: DelHMorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <DelHMorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Del. R. Lee Ware, Jr. – District 65 (Powhatan)

(804) 698-1065
email: DelLWare@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <DelLWare@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Del. John A. Cox – District 55 (Ashland)

(804) 698-1055
email: DelJCox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <DelJCox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Also for those of you who missed our Richmond Audubon Society meeting this
past Thursday, I have attached the handouts I prepared on the other
legislative activity we are following.  A great resources is the Virginia
Conservation Network website, www.vcnva.org.  Click on "2011 Conservation
Briefing Book" or "General Assembly 101" and check out the links there.  If
you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me off the
listserv at legislation@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Regards.

Eileen Geller

RAS Legislation Chair