[va-richmond-general] Re: Fwd: Re: birds

  • From: "Bruce Blanton" <bblanton1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "RAS Listserv" <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 01:39:18 -0500

This bill has been sent to this committee:

Senate Agriculture, Conservation and Natural Resources

Ticer (Chairman), Whipple, Hanger, Watkins, Reynolds, Puckett, Ruff, Blevins,
Obenshain, McDougle, McEachin, Petersen, Northam, Stuart, Marsden

Addresses for Chairman and local representatives include:
Ticer - district30@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
McEachin - district09@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Watkins - district10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
McDougle - district04@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Here is a copy of the E-Mail I sent to these folks.

Hunting occurs on public lands such as Wildlife Management Areas.  These lands
have multiple uses, including hiking, birding, fishing, and so on.  I visit
them often for these purposes.  During hunting season, I am personally very
wary of entering any area where hunting is allowed (with or without blaze
orange), for fear of being shot.  There have been numerous incidences of
hunters killing members of their own group, so this fear would appear to be
warranted.  I believe that it is reasonable to allow hunting 6 days out of the
week, while reserving the 7th day for other uses.  Otherwise, public lands
would essentially be off-limits during hunting season for folks who do not want
to risk the chance of being mistaken for a deer in the brush.  While I am in no
way opposed to hunting, I believe it is important to allow non-hunters to enjoy
our public lands during these times, if only for one day of the week.  Please
kill this bill.

From: <catbird329@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 12:09 PM
Subject: [va-richmond-general] Re: birds