[va-richmond-general] Re: Good news, bad news

  • From: "Jim Blowers" <jimvb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <catbird329@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <rrdjserv@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 19:09:15 -0400

I wonder if this means my chickadees are in danger. Chickadees grew up and
flew the nest in 2006, titmice in 2007, and nuthatches last year (I showed
pictures of that on this listserve).  Last year, I saw more than the usual
number of nuthatches after the nest emptied.  It is a closed box that I
bought from Ukrops. Can raccoons stick their head in the 1.5-inch hole or
can they open the box, which is held with two pieces of wood?

Jim Blowers

  _____