[va-richmond-general] Dutch Gap Prothonotary Warbler Project Update

  • From: Bob Reilly <rreilly@xxxxxxx>
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 22:39:21 -0400

As of today, we have 298 Prothonotary Warbler eggs and 5 nestlings in the boxes at Dutch Gap. This season we have thus far encountered 61 returned adult breeders. Have one chickadee currently sitting on 4 Prothonotary eggs and 2 chickadee eggs. Will keep an eye on that one. Several years ago we had a tree swallow raise a Prothonotary chick together with its own nestlings. Promises to be a great season.

Best,
Bob Reilly