[va-richmond-general] Bees at the hummingbird feeder

  • From: "Jim Blowers" <jimvb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 10:32:26 -0400

We have had to take our hummingbird feeder down because hornets or something
won't leave it alone. They even get into the nectar and drown. And of course
their buzzing around frightens off hummingbirds and even other birds on
nearby feeders.  We have bee guards on our flowerlets but some are broken.

What's the best way to ward off the insects? Thanks.

Jim Blowers