[va-richmond-general] 2nd Wednesday Robious Landing

  • From: Caroline Coe <cccoe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Richmond Birds <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 21:22:17 -0400

Three of us walked at Robious Landing this morning.  We were greeted by the
sight of a Red-headed Woodpecker in a tree in the parking lot, always a nice
start to things.  We didn't have much bird activity and overall it was a pretty
quiet morning.

Our bird list is below.

Canada Goose  X
Mourning Dove  X
Chimney Swift  X
Red-headed Woodpecker  X
Red-bellied Woodpecker  X
Downy Woodpecker  X
Northern Flicker  X
Pileated Woodpecker  X
Eastern Wood-Pewee  X
Empidonax sp.  X
Red-eyed Vireo  X
Blue Jay  X
American Crow  X
Carolina Chickadee  X
Tufted Titmouse  X
White-breasted Nuthatch  X
Carolina Wren  X
American Robin  X
Northern Cardinal  X

Also,  Robious seemed to have sustained minimal tree damage and all trails were
open.

Always a nice morning outdoors!

Caroline Coe
Chesterfield CountyYou are subscribed to VA-Richmond-General. To unsubscribe,
send email to