[USS Tempest] The Battle of the Five Armies

  • From: TKilyle@xxxxxxx
  • To: ussgeorgetown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, usstempest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 10:25:10 EDT

The  Battle of the Five Armies
with the  crews of Tempest & Georgetown along with the Klingons, Romulans,
and the  Gorn
The  Georgetown shook violently as yet another volley of torpedoes slammed
against  her ever weakening shields. The other ships fared little better, even
as they  got their shots in, and the Gorn kept coming. And coming...and
coming....

"Get Starfleet command on the comm," Lindsey called as Tempest  rocked,
throwing some of her people to the floor.  "And I mean right  now!"

"Patching through now, Captain," Nat said calmly, bending slightly  to keep
on his feet.  "It's a bit patchy."

"Put me through to  Admiral Sullivan," Lindsey said, her eyes saying the
thank you that she didn't  have time to say.

Nat sent through the patch, suggesting very strongly  but politely, that
there be no delay in having it done.

When the image of  Captain Craig popped onto Paula's screen it was unstable,
and the old battle  worn woman knew without a doubt what was happening.
"Report,  Captain."

"Under heavy fire from the Gorn, ma'am," Lindsey said as  another hit rocked
the entire ship.  "We're taking damage and losing people  too damn quick for
my liking."

She never did like those over grown  lizards. "Did Admiral Taggert complete
the mission he commandeered the  Georgetown for?"

"The children are freed," Lindsey nodded.  "Both  ships are full to
overflowin' with 'em."

It only took a moment for Paula  to make her decision. "Then pull out,
Captain, and return to Deep Space  9."

"And Georgetown?" the captain asked.

"Acknowledged, Captain,"  came Georgetown's reply.

Suddenly a another voice filled the comm,  clearly a female Klingon. "We
shall provide cover, Captain. This has been a  glorious battle and we shall
finish
it off."

"No heroics," Lindsey warned  then cut the comm.  "Okay, people, damn
dignity, let's get our fighters  back on board and get out of here."

Hearing  the ongoing sounds of battle, Admiral Taggert smiled. Tapping his
comm, he said  quietly. "Alrighty, Torres. Commence field test."

Within mere seconds,  Gorn ships began to explode around them for no obvious
reason.

"Holy  mother of..." Lindsey whispered as she watched the screen.  "Are we
doin'  that?"

Jacobs looked up from the weapons console and shook his head. "Not  us,
ma'am. I didn't touch anything."

"Y'know, I don't give a crap what  the Klingons are doin', get us the hell
out of here!" she said.

"Yes,  ma'am," navigation exclaimed as she and helm began to put quick
distance between  themselves and the rapidly exploding Gorn ships.

"Bloody hell, I do  believe our forensics people will love this..." Nat
murmured.

The doors  to the bridge slid open and a dark haired man in Medical blues
stepped out, not  the least bit intimidated by the goings on, and looking as if
he belonged  there.  Nat looked at him curiously as he approached the  captain.

"Captain," the man said, "Dr. Calhoun says that the crew, both  Tempest and
Georgetown, who aren't sick are free to leave the conference  room."

"Then let them out," Lindsey said with a shrug.  "Get them  back on duty or
send 'em to bed."

"I'll have to find temp quarters for  the Georgetown folks until we catch up
to them but that's easy enough.  I'm  pretty sure I'm sure Captain Hale and
Ensign Craig will be quite relieved  then.  I'm sure they're tired of playing
baristas."

Moira watched  astounded as the Gorn ship icon winked out one by one on her
tactical display.  "Are you getting this, Bossman? What's happening to those
ships?" She looked up  as one of the fighters port bow disappeared in a ball of
flame.

"Get our  fighters aboard," Lindsey said loudly.

"Miranda's going to be annoyed she  missed this," JD mused.

Taggert wandered onto the bridge with a huge  smile on his face.  "Enjoying
the  fireworks, Captain?" he asked, seeming to be thoroughly enjoying them
himself.  "No need to worry about further casualties on our end. We're quite
safe
now. So,  we're off to the station now?"

"Someone get that man off my bridge before  I do somethin' I won't regret
later," Lindsey snarled, facing deliberately away  from Taggert.

"Begging your pardon, Captain. Perhaps you've forgotten  yourself. I am
Admiral Taggert and I'm quite capable of deciding  where on this ship I should
be
at any given moment, thank you." Taggert smiled,  sidling up next to her, eyes
on the screen. "Shame about the crewmen we've lost,  but at least we got our
licks in, eh, Craig?"

Oh she was probably going  to regret it later but all she could see at the
moment was blood red.   Bunching up one fist, she put on a smirk to mirror
Taggert's.  "Real shame,  Admiral," she growled as she drew her hand back
quickly
and slammed it into the  man's nose.  "I asked someone to get this filth off my
bridge!" she yelled,  turning back to the battle and away from Taggert.

"Consider it done,  darlin'," Hale's voice responded as he stepped off turbo
lift. Taggert drew back  a hand as if to fend off Hale, causing the captain to
laugh. "Now you might not  wanna do that, Jack. Wouldn't want the lovely lady
to hit you again, would you?"  He guided him firmly by the arm and off the
bridge amid the laughter of the  crew. "Be back in a bit, Linds." he called
over
his shoulder as he escorted the  Admiral away.

"Don't be too long," she said softly.  Okay so those  people had been the
enemy but this was murder, she couldn't help but feel  disgusted that she'd
been
a party to it.

"Bloody shame the video  recording devices were disabled from the battle,
Captain," Nat said mildly as he  approached, his eyes taking each person on the
bridge as if to say so were  theirs.  "I do believe the admiral fell and
injured himself during our  little fracas."

Edward scowled at the comm unit, "Yes I'm well aware of  what's going on out
there. Perhaps my two lieutenants would pull their fingers  out and RTB."

"Touchy, touchy." Moira laughed on the internal comm link  to her pilot, "He
must be catching it from above."

She flipped over to  the open channel, "Looks like playtime's over for today,
 Pim."

"Brilliant," Pim said as cheerfully as she could.  The  exploding ships had
shaken her quite a bit but she patched through to the rest  of the fighters.
"Everyone back," she called over the link.  "Let's  see how quickly we can do
it without giving Squeak a migraine, shall  we?"

Alexandria nodded, "I'm sure after that little show everyone  is."

JD stood quietly, watching the drama unfold and didn't quite  laugh.  How
many officers had wanted to do that?

Miranda, who'd  followed John in, stood there blinking, barely keeping her
jaw from hitting the  floor. Slowly a very proud smirk curled the corner of her
lips.

"Harris,"  Lindsey barked over the comm.  "Let us know the moment our people
are  aboard."

Edward turned to the staff before him, "I want a copy of the  entire
engagement downloaded and stored securely. Carlisle, get down there, full
debriefing
for every flight crew and I want data pulled from every fighter's  flight
recorder, visual, tactical, the works. Chain of custody to be fully  observed.
am not having my people being hung out to dry for this."

He  opened the main channel again. "Once in, every crew report for complete
debriefing. Hanger deck; I want every fighter ready to go within 20 minutes of
 touchdown. We will not get caught with our pants down when the Gorn decide
they  require justice."

Harris smiled grimly, "T'Pen, FDR is yours. I better  get up to the bridge
and face the music."

JD  offered Miranda a smirk in reply.  "Welcome out,  jailbird."

Miranda  smiled, "At least I was there for a reason rather then getting suck
in tiny cell  due to a malfunction, and who knew working at Starbucks in high
school would pay  off on starship duty."
"My  grandmother will be so proud," JD said with a smirk.

"We Craigs have a  thing for good coffee." Miranda chuckled and then pulled a
face. "That was not  good coffee. I think my grandfather used stuff like that
to clear warp coils and  rush of car bumpers."