[USS Tempest] Major League Decisions

  • From: TKilyle@xxxxxxx
  • To: ussgeorgetown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, usstempest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 15:44:08 EST

Major League Decisions
by JT Swiftwind and Eddie Le Beau

***takes place after  'First Things First' on  Tempest

Irked.  That's the word  JT decided he was as he left the meeting.  He shook
it off as he headed for  what used to be his office.  He'd be damned if he
used Shields' office  until it was emptied and appropriately spiritually
cleaned.
 In the  interim, he didn't see the harm in making one last call from the
Delta Company  commander's office.  As he tapped the comm codes in, he just
hoped
the man  was in.  He'd hate to have to ask about this twice.

He still  couldn't believe it and every time Eddie reached up to touch the
oak leaf on his  collar he smiled. The only thing that was better then this was
seeing the silver  bar on Niamh's collar.  The new office was bare but he'd do
something with  it and then Niamh would come in and fix his mess. For now he
sat at his new desk  with his feet up,  his hands behind his head and smirk on
his face. Things  were finally taking a turn for the better. When his comm
beeped at him he nearly  jumped. Sitting up in his chair he turned the terminal
towards him and answered  the call. He was surprised to see the other Marine
on the screen, but knew who  he was. "Oui, what can I do for you, Major?"

"You could tell me I'm  insane," JT said dead pan.  Then he snorted slightly
in amusement.   "You'll understand why in a minute.  First things first,
though.   Congrats on the promotion.  When y'all were guests here, we had the
same
rank."

"Thanks, and de same to you,"  Eddie replied with a smirk. "It would appear
dat our new field marshal is  wasting no time making dings her  way."

"RHIP and all that but  thanks.  I really thought me and my used to be top
sergeant were summoned  to be counseled, to put it mildly," JT chuckled.
"Since
we weren't treated  to a stay in your brig, I had an idea on our way back.
It'll mean you  agreeing to it so feel free to squash  it."

Eddie leaned back in his  chair and nodded. "I can't squash an idea if I
haven't heard it  yet."

"Just consider the  procrastination a forewarning then."  JT shrugged  and
asked, "What do you think of a Marine Corps ball?  Or one with our two  ships
in any case?  It might serve as a celebration for those of us who got  promoted
and maybe as a general morale booster and pat on the back."

The  only thing bigger then a Marine's brawn is his or her heart and dealing
with  that place and those kids had broken quite a few, his included. His
people could  use the break, the release from is all. "I dink dat's a great
idea.
It's been a  long hard couple of months."

"That it has," JT  agreed.  "I already put the idea out to my company
commanders and suggested  that attendance was certainly not optional.  Besides,
it'd
be nice t'mingle  with y'all in a setting that doesn't involve mayhem, havoc,
and  destruction."

"I had de chance to fight  with one of your captains. It'll be good to see
her again," Eddie replied. "So  were dis ball going to take  place?"

"That'd be Harak, though  she's like us now and sportin' oak leaves," JT
offered.  He ran a hand  through his hair, barely mussing it.  "That'd be up to
you.   Holodeck'd be my first idea but there question's which.  How's repairs
doin' over there?  If I judge by the cussin' our Lieutenant Le Beau's done,
we're better than we were."

Eddie looked around a moment  then grabbed a handful of padds from a moving
crate. He looked through them  until he found the right one. "Looks like we're
getting close, still got a lot  of de paint and polish to do. We could do it
here, our holodecks are larger then  yours, or we could take it planet  side."

"On station?  I think  they'd have a fit with that many Marines in one
place," JT said with a mild  snort.

 The Cajun shook his  head. "Down on Bajor."

"Y'know what,  let's make it there," JT finally offered.  "But we'll help out
 beforehand.  It was my idea after all and it wouldn't be fair to  you. I'll
just smile real sweet at our Chief Engineer so she can help make  sure your
decks are and runnin'.  Hopefully she and yours are on good  terms"

Eddie nodded. "Let  me know if you need anyding from us. It'd only be fair to
help  out."

"Sure thing," JT  said simply.  Then something struck him and he offered
Eddie a crooked  smile.  "You wouldn't happen t'be related to our Le Beau would

you?"

The fair haired man's face lit up and sage green eyes sparkled.  "Your Le
Beau, she is my cousin, our pères are frères, brothers."

"Then maybe you could see your way toward getting the lady t'make sure of
the help?" he asked.  He offered the other man  a wry smile.   "She's a fine
woman and an excellent engineer I hear but she is still regular  Fleet and I
doubt a Marine function'd be high on her list of  priorities."

Eddie laughed at that. "Oui, mon ami, she be the best, but  my Rosie she's
not like most regular Fleeters. My s'est levé would be de last  person to
discriminate against anyone, even us jarheads." His cousin had been on  the
other
end of stuff like that because she's a mutant. She and her other  cousins
understood the world in a way Eddie and most others could never  understand it.
"But
I will see what I can do. I've been meaning to get over to  dat ship of yours
anyway."

"Tell I'd be grateful to no end then," JT said with a grin.  "And you  know
you're welcome over even before the ball."

"And whenever you wanna let loose Ol' George here is a city within it's
self." Eddie replied.
"Got our own bar and everyding."

"I don't touch even synthehol but I get the idea.  I 'preciate it,  too.  In
the meantime, I'll let you go.  Give a yell if y'need  anything."

Eddie nodded. "Be see ya  soon."

<BR><BR><BR>**************************************<BR> Check out free AOL at
http://free.aol.com/thenewaol/index.adp.  Most comprehensive set of free
safety and security tools, millions of free high-quality videos from across the
web, free AOL Mail and much more.