<USS Meridian> The Celestial Prime Alliance Turns Eight!

  • From: Gem Rhee <admiralgem@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ussmeridian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 22:52:27 -0400

*There are all kinds of clichés that are appropriate to begin this e-mail
with, but I'd like to stay far away from clichés for this letter.*
* *
*It's the Celestial Prime **Alliance**'s eighth anniversary next week. Eight
years is a long time in real life, and it's even longer in terms of the
online world. It's been a wonderful experience, and an incredible
opportunity to meet so many fun, interesting people. Playing here has always
been a favorite past time for me, as I hope it has been for all of you, the
amazing people who make this online thing so much fun.*
* *
*This will be my last anniversary with the Celestial Prime **Alliance**.
I've decided to hang up my hat and step down from running the group on the
anniversary. *
* *
*It's not a decision I've come to easily. I've been wrestling with it for
nearly a year, and it's now time to take the step. I want to thank all of
you for choosing to play here, and I hope that you've made some life-long
friends through this wonderful group, as I have.*
* *
*As to who will take over, well, that will be up to you, as a group or
individually. It simply isn't possible to think that the group will just go
on as it has before. Dynamics are funny things, with the funny habit of
always changing. If you decide to keep on as things are, that's great. The
CPA is a solid, well-knit group, with virtually none of the politics and
back-biting that's so common in other arenas. If you decide to seek out
another group for you or, if you are a Host and your players decide that
staying here is not what they want to do, then I wish you the very best.
There are good groups out there, and any of them should be honored to have
you as an addition.*
* *
*Words can't express how grateful I am to everyone, past and present, who
has played here and made the past ten and a half years of my online life so
much fun. I've met such wonderful people though this, and I know that those
friendships will continue. I have been truly blessed to find so many dear
friends.*
* *
*By no means am I gone from the online community. I hope to be able to host
my very silly, very comical USS Halcyon ship every once in awhile, and I
intend on keeping the "AdmiralGem" and "Amythyst Grey" screen names in case
you'd like to chat (and I hope you will). If, as the group redesigns itself,
anyone would like to hear the voice of experience with regard to anything,
please don't hesitate to shoot me an IM or an e-mail. I would be thrilled to
help in any way I can. However, the one tip I will put out there as the most
important is; Be kind. Kind to each other, and kind to yourselves.*
 *With that, I'll bring this to a close. Thank you all again for an
unforgettable eight years of fun, games, joys and sorrows. Being able to
share all of that with you has been my greatest joy and privilege.*
 *Fondly,*
 * Bernadette*
* - Admiral Gem Rhee, Retired*
**