<USS Meridian> Sim Chat Log

  • From: "Brad Ruder" <groundzero@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ussmeridian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 23:28:15 -0700

Attached.

- The Captain
You have just entered room "celestialprime."
CaptKylePierce: Evening. :-)
Dr MG Armstrong: Is it evening already? It's morning back home. ;-)
CaptKylePierce: :-)
Dr MG Armstrong: (Which is, of course why the Yanks hate us smart-ass Kiwis...)
Dr MG Armstrong: (::went to school for 2 years in NZ -- IC -- and decided she'd rather be a Kiwi::-)
Dr MG Armstrong: ::OOC, plays Chuzzle::
CaptKylePierce: :-)
CaptKylePierce: ::clacks his heels::
CaptKylePierce: So, what's new?
EnsMidorikawa has entered the room.
LtCdrAHausmann has entered the room.
LtCdr K Hausmann has entered the room.
LtCdrAHausmann: Hello Meridians!\
LtSG F Wilkinson: Evening Mr and Mrs Hausmann
Ame Suisei
has left the room.
LtCdrAHausmann: Hello Frankie!
LtCdr K Hausmann: Evening Meridians.
SamDonnerjack
has entered the room.
LtCdrAHausmann: Capitano Pierce! Long time no see!
LtSG F Wilkinson: ::finishes baking crepes::
LtCdrAHausmann
: ::chuckles:: She's trined you well, I see, Mr. Wilkinson!
LtCdrAHausmann: trained
Lt Mirrie Dunton has entered the room.
CaptKylePierce: Evening Alana and Keith!
CaptKylePierce: And Mirrie! ::waves::
LtCdrAHausmann: MIRRIE!
Lt Mirrie Dunton: Evening all...
Lt Mirrie Dunton: ALANA!!!
LtCdrAHausmann: ::runs toward Mirrie in slow motion::
EnsBridgetHowell has entered the room.
Lt Mirrie Dunton: :: gives Frankie a smooch ::
CaptKylePierce: Evening Bridget! ::waves::
LtCdr K Hausmann: Evening Captain :-)
EnsBridgetHowell: ::waves:: Hi.
CaptKylePierce
: Good to see you, Keith.
LtCdrAHausmann: ::crashes into Frankie:: OOOF!
CaptKylePierce: Evening to all the others I missed! Sam and Rini! ::WaveS:: How are you doing?
EnsMidorikawa: ::waves::
Ame Suisei has entered the room.
CaptKylePierce: Evening Ame! ::smiles::
LtCdrAHausmann: Hiya Ame!
Ame Suisei: finally
EnsBridgetHowell: Cello
Lt Mirrie Dunton
: Hey there Ame :-)
CaptKylePierce: Hey Marnie, is your other half going to be here?
Ame Suisei: sheesh trillian was acting as balky as Aim for a moment there
Dr MG Armstrong: I don't know... he sent a log earlier but hasn't been available in AIM...
Ame Suisei: ::blances:: i knew i was forgetting something lately... i havent read the bloody logs...
Dr MG Armstrong: Don't worry, Ame, the log he sent was not for Meridian. ;-)
CaptKylePierce: ::Shrugs:: Eh, AIM is up to it's usual tricks. I remember one time we went so far as to try and create a sim on the Bravenet Chat service to sim. :-) Remember that Keith, Alana, and Mirrie?
LtCdr K Hausmann: .....yes.
LtCdr K Hausmann
: That was painful.
CaptKylePierce
: :-X We tried.
Lt Mirrie Dunton: :: nods :: Yes, Yes I do...
LtCdr K Hausmann: I think I had to install a hyperlink on a dummy web page, and it still didn't work right. Yep, we tried :-)
LT SG MORTOK has entered the room.
CaptKylePierce: Mortok! ::smiles brightly:: Long time no see!
CaptKylePierce: Welcome back! ;-)
Lt Mirrie Dunton: Hey Mortok...
LtCdrAHausmann: Hiya Mortok!
Ame Suisei: mortok lives!
CaptKylePierce: How's the baby, Mortok?
LT SG MORTOK: :: Waves to all:: Hey there all. I mean Nuqneh.
EnsBridgetHowell
: ::waves:: Cello.
LtCdrAHausmann
: Mortok had a baby?! Whoa...turn my back for five minutes...
CaptKylePierce: ::grins::
CaptKylePierce: ::has missed Alana's humor::
LT SG MORTOK: Getting Big. 9 Months and 18 pounds,
LtCdrAHausmann
: ::isn't the first time::
Ame Suisei: ::is now distracted:: ooh a thing on the discovery chan on the Deep Impact mission
LtCdr K Hausmann: Deep Impact....that the probe we sent careening into the comet?
EnsMidorikawa
: is it interviewing Iwan Williams?
Opal Garnet SrLt has left the room.
CaptKylePierce: Evenin' Opal! ::Waves::
Ame Suisei: yes
Opal Garnet SrLt has entered the room.
Lt Mirrie Dunton: Evening Ms. garnet
CaptKylePierce: Evening Opal! :-)
CaptKylePierce: ::waves::
EnsMidorikawa: he's one of the professors at my college
Opal Garnet SrLt: Evening, Sirs, everyone!
LtCdr K Hausmann
: Mm...
CaptKylePierce
: All righty... ::cracks knuckles:: Let's dive right in. Commander Dunton, if you'd be so kind...?
Lt Mirrie Dunton: ATTENTION CREW!!!!
LT SG MORTOK: :AA::
EnsBridgetHowell
: ::AA::
Ame Suisei
: :AA:
EnsMidorikawa: ::AA::
CaptKylePierce: ::waits::
Opal Garnet SrLt: ::AA::
LtSG F Wilkinson
: ::AA::
CaptKylePierce
: All righty. ::tosses a cookie to Mortok:: :-) Congrats Mortok, first day back and taking the speed cookie.
LT SG MORTOK: Thx :: Eats::
CaptKylePierce
: Ooh! Speed Cookie... ::trademarks:: Speed Cookie?
CaptKylePierce: ::snickers::
Opal Garnet SrLt: ::frowns:: Drugs are bad.
Ame Suisei
: ::blinks::
CaptKylePierce: ::untrademarks::
CaptKylePierce: ::retrademarks:: Quickness Cookie?
Opal Garnet SrLt: ::laughs::
CaptKylePierce
: ;-)
CaptKylePierce: First and foremost, I'd like you all to give a big Meridian welcome to Ensign Bridget Howell over there. ::points:: She'll be coming aboard in our Medical Department. :-) ::claps:: Welcome Aboard!
Lt Mirrie Dunton: Wecome Ensign!
LtSG F Wilkinson: Ooo... a new slave...er Doctor. :-X
EnsBridgetHowell: Thanks. Hi. ::waves:: Happy to be here
Lt Mirrie Dunton
: err Welcome even
EnsMidorikawa: HIYA! welcome
LtSG F Wilkinson: Welcome
LT SG MORTOK
: ::Claps:: Nuqneh! Welcome abourd.
CaptKylePierce
: Mr. Wilkinson over there is your Chief. Be sure to report to him.
Opal Garnet SrLt: ::smiles and applauds:: Welcome.
CaptKylePierce
: And, please also welcome our Special Guest Simmers tonight. The returning Alana and Keith Hausmann. ::smiles and claps:: Welcome back for another rousing sim, you two!
Ame Suisei: ::claps::
Lt Mirrie Dunton: :: applauds ::
LtSG F Wilkinson: ::takes the crepes out of the crepe maker and puts them on a plate, and heads to the jefferies tubes, to take his place::
Ame Suisei
: long time no see you two
CaptKylePierce: OK...
LT SG MORTOK: Nuqneh ::Claps::
CaptKylePierce
: Last time on the USS Meridian...
CaptKylePierce: We continued to search for the elusive Commander. However, during that time, a communique was sent to Alana and Keith Hausmann (unbeknownst to the crew) for immediate retrieval.
CaptKylePierce: Now, was we prepare to take the delegation and representatives onboard, we are faced with the problem of Mirrie popping out of nowhere.
CaptKylePierce: Can we find the elusive Commander? And what will the presence of the Hausmanns bring?
CaptKylePierce: Questions?
EnsMidorikawa: ::raises hand::
CaptKylePierce: Yes, Rini?
LtCdrAHausmann: Retrieval... I like that.. Can I wear the cool Black Ops uniform?
CaptKylePierce: :-) Sure...
LtCdrAHausmann: Hot diggitty!
Lt Mirrie Dunton: :: frowns ::
EnsMidorikawa: didn't Frankie already find the Commander?
EnsMidorikawa: in a log that is
LtSG F Wilkinson: Yes, but no one knows :-)
CaptKylePierce: Per his log, it is quite cryptic. We shall find out at the beginning of the sim.
Ame Suisei: good cause i have yet to read the ruddy logs
CaptKylePierce: :-)
CaptKylePierce: OK...here we go...
CaptKylePierce: BEGIN MERIDIAN SIMULATION
CaptKylePierce: BEGIN MERIDIAN SIMULATION
CaptKylePierce: BEGIN MERIDIAN SIMULATION
LtSG F Wilkinson: ::with his plate of crepes, he comes up behind Mirrie:: Mirrie?
CaptKylePierce
: ::standing on the bridge, staring at the planet::
Opal Garnet SrLt: ::in the Science office:: Wow, the delegates should be boarding, soon ... ::looks at her fingernails:: I *so* need a manicure. The "home grown dirt" look is so five minutes ago.
EnsBridgetHowell
: ::walks into Sickbay, and walks up to some random person:: Excuse me, can you tell me where I can find the CMO?
Dr MG Armstrong
: ::returns to Sickbay after checking on her sons and their keeper -- er, tutor::
Lt Mirrie Dunton: :: jumps 20 feet in the air, then bops her head, since the clearance is low :: Ahhhhh!
Ame Suisei: ::is walking down the corridor towards main engineering::
SamDonnerjack: ::is whereever hes supposed to be... wasnt that science?::
Lt Mirrie Dunton: :: whirls :: What... do ... you ... want?
CaptKylePierce: +Garnet+ Pierce to Garnet.
Lt Mirrie Dunton: :: starts to back up slowly ::
Dr MG Armstrong: Nurse> Dr. Wilkinson is out at the moment, may I help you?
LtSG F Wilkinson: Are you ok? ::moves over to her:: I brought crepes
CaptKylePierce
: {{Yes, Sam... :-)}}
Opal Garnet SrLt: Drat. There goes that manicure. +Pierce+ Yes, Sir?
CaptKylePierce
: +Garnet+ What's the status on our nebula problem, Lieutenant?
Lt Mirrie Dunton: What did you put in them ? Just leave me here... I'm safe and warm
EnsBridgetHowell: Oh, I'm sorry, i'm Bridget, i'm the new Assistand Medical Officer, and I need to report for duty...
LT SG MORTOK
: :: Standing in his quarters preparing for duty. Grabs his knife and stows it under his uniform jacket and his comm. badge and places it on his chest.::
LtSG F Wilkinson
: Raspberries...
Opal Garnet SrLt
: +Pierce+ Well, Sir ... ::gives Sam a dubious look:: We're still in the "idea" phase.
LtSG F Wilkinson
: and no one knows that I am here.
CaptKylePierce
: +Garnet+ ::nods:: You've made contact with engineering, have you not?
Dr MG Armstrong: Nurse> Well, here comes Dr. Armstrong, I'm sure she can help you. ::looking over to where Marnie is entering::
LtSG F Wilkinson: you're still safe
LT SG MORTOK
: :: Finishes and walks out of the room into the TL:: Bridge
Lt Mirrie Dunton
: :: shakes head :: I'm not safe... if you're here... he knows you're here...
Opal Garnet SrLt: +Pierce+ Oh, yes, Donnerjack is here, now. Would you like me to put him on?
LtCdr K Hausmann
: :flying his shuttle inexpertly through deep space: Alana, we're almost there.
Dr MG Armstrong
: ::comes over to the nurse's desk:: Do we have a customer?
LtCdrAHausmann: ::white knuckling it, as usual:: Could we get there in one piece please?
CaptKylePierce: +Garnet+ No, just making sure we have all the best minds on the problem. Keep me informed, please.
LtCdr K Hausmann: (@ for shuttle) We always do. What's with the black anyway?
Lt Mirrie Dunton
: I still love you Frankie... but right now... trust isn't something I have for you...
Ame Suisei: ::walks into engineering and into his office::
LtCdrAHausmann: @ I thought you liked me in black! ::pout::
SamDonnerjack: :::mumbles something about greater good...:::
EnsBridgetHowell: Um, hi. I'm Bridget. ::holds out hand:: I'm the new assistant medical officer...I'm supposed to report to Mr. Wilkinson for duty...
EnsMidorikawa
: ::scuffs heals under desk while going over security issues for the deligates::
LT SG MORTOK: ::Exits the lift and walks across the bridge to the helm station and relieves the ensign.::
LtSG F Wilkinson
: ::looks down:: I am and will always be your husband, friend and protector, above all things.
CaptKylePierce
: Saunders> Hey Rini. ::smiles as he walks in, cup of coffee in his hand::
LtCdr K Hausmann: @ Black....well....sometimes :flushes: But this is already strange enough without changing wardrobes.
Opal Garnet SrLt
: +Pierce+ Oh, you betcha. As soon as we can change the laws of physics, I'll let you know. Garnet out.
LtSG F Wilkinson
: Above my duties to this ship and to the Captain.
LtCdrAHausmann
: @ ::grows serious:: I hope she's okay. She sounded desperate.
EnsMidorikawa: ::blushes and mumbles:: hi ::drops PADD in embarrassment:: how are you today?
Ame Suisei: (( ::snickers watching the tv:: ))
LtCdr K Hausmann: @ What I don't understand is why Wesley's being so nice. He practically told us where Meridian was.
Opal Garnet SrLt
: >Stellar sim style, Ame.<
CaptKylePierce
: ::looks up to nowhere in particular:: Laws of Physics.
Dr MG Armstrong: ::grins and takes her hand for a moment:: I'm Marnie, your smart-aleck coworker. Welcome aboard.
Ame Suisei: (( heh ))
CaptKylePierce: {{Yeah, Ame, pay attention.}}
SamDonnerjack: It would only have to be big enough, and last long enough, to pull enough of the nebula to an area of the galaxy that has nothing in it for plenty of distance around it, a dead zone if you will.
Lt Mirrie Dunton: :: nods :: I want to believe you... :: pauses :: ... but right now.. I can't. I need to get off this ship...
Opal Garnet SrLt: ::looks at Sam::
EnsBridgetHowell
: ::half smiles:: Thanks. I'm happy to be here...
SamDonnerjack
: If we could bring the radiation levels down enough that they either couldnt reach the planet, or were no longer harmful, or could be blocked easier, etc etc
Opal Garnet SrLt: Unless you *can* change the laws of physics, it's just not possible!
Dr MG Armstrong
: Dr. Wilkinson is off doing whatever it is those senior officers do when we're not looking... so I guess it's up to me to get your baseline physical and show you around.
Opal Garnet SrLt: Thinking out of the box is great, but it's gotta be doable!
SamDonnerjack
: Nothing is impossible, merely improbable.
LtCdrAHausmann: @ I don't trust that man any further than I can spit...and on the rare occasions when I DO spit, it runs down my chin. That tell you anything?
CaptKylePierce: Saunders> I'm doing quite well, and you?
EnsBridgetHowell: Ok. Sounds like a plan. i'm ready when you are.
EnsMidorikawa
: ::wishes she could stop blushing:: I'm ok, tired, but ok
LtSG F Wilkinson: ::nods:: I understand if you must go, even if to clear your head.
CaptKylePierce
: +Engineering+ Bridge to Engineering.
SamDonnerjack: Im sure you and me standing here, where we are, was once considered impossible.
SamDonnerjack: ((me or ame?))
CaptKylePierce: Breeze> ::from Tactical:: Nice to see you again, Mortok, how was your day off?
Opal Garnet SrLt: ::looks at him::
LtCdr K Hausmann
: @ Yes, we need to be careful. He's had a problem with Meridian for years. :ponders: Perhaps Mirrie's ill? It'd explain the message.
CaptKylePierce
: {{Ame.}}
Opal Garnet SrLt: True. I'll give you that.
Ame Suisei
: +kyle+ engineering here
Lt Mirrie Dunton: Why won't you believe me that Pierce is corrupt? No one on this ship will believe me...
CaptKylePierce: +Suisei+ Chief, report to the bridge.
Opal Garnet SrLt: But we don't hav ethe technology right now to make, transport, and empty black holes.
LT SG MORTOK
: :: Checks the helm computer for any anomolies and all flight programs are clear::
SamDonnerjack
: It wouldnt have to be a black hole persay, a wormhole could work just as well.
CaptKylePierce: Saunders> Any luck finding our elusive Commander? ::smiles and sits down::
Ame Suisei: ::blinks and turns around and heads for the exit:: +kyle+ understood, im on my way
Lt Mirrie Dunton: :: continues backing up ::
LtCdrAHausmann: @ How much longer?
LtSG F Wilkinson: Perhaps, we can sit down and put the reasons you believe he is corrupt and take them to command.
Dr MG Armstrong
: Just step right over here to biobed 1...
EnsBridgetHowell: ::steps over to biobed 1, and takes a seat::
Opal Garnet SrLt
: A wormhole doesn't have the gravitational pull that it would take to "vacuum up" an entire nebula.
Lt Mirrie Dunton
: :: frowns :: Now you're just humouring me... no thank you. If you believed me Frankie, you would have acted when I told you this weeks ago.
LtCdr K Hausmann: @ We should be entering system in about a minute. Better strap in.
Dr MG Armstrong
: ::gets a handscanner to do the usual comparison between scanner and biobed readings:: You know how this goes, won't hurt a bit...
EnsMidorikawa: None, I've been trying but I'm all out of ideas. How's the Security looking for this delegation?
Opal Garnet SrLt: Can't we come up with something that's a little more immediately workable?
Lt Mirrie Dunton
: :: sighs :: No thank you... now go back and tell your Master that I won't disrrupt his precious delegation if he leaves me alone
LtSG F Wilkinson: You came back from being held captive.
LtCdr K Hausmann
: @ Last time I entered a system out of high warp I wound up in an asteroid field.
LtCdrAHausmann
: @::mumbles:: I been strapped in for the entire trip..
LtSG F Wilkinson: What am I to think?
Dr MG Armstrong
: Though we do have a nonstandard procedure here on Meridian, I need to get an actual blood sample for the baseline. ::gets a hypo::
EnsBridgetHowell: ::nods:: Yes, m'am.
SamDonnerjack
: Im sure with enough tinkering, a wormhole with suffient strength could be created. But ill play ball, any other ideas?
LtCdr K Hausmann: @ :straps himself in, taking his hands off the controls:
Ame Suisei
: ::walks over to the nearest turbolift and enters:: bridge.
CaptKylePierce: Saunders> The decks will be protected.
LtSG F Wilkinson: I thought it could have been Captive Syndrome
LtCdrAHausmann
: @KEITH! Both hands on the controls please!
Lt Mirrie Dunton: :: shakes head :: Frankie... really, we're at the point where it's being to be like Godot. I really want you to go
Dr MG Armstrong: ::winces:: PLEASE don't call me ma'am. I'm Marnie. Dr. Armstrong to the groveling masses, but Marnie to you.
EnsBridgetHowell: ::smiles:: ok...Marnie.
LtCdr K Hausmann
: @ Hmf. Okay....10...9...8...no wait...uhm...NOW! :pulling back on the throttle, entering the solar system:
CaptKylePierce
: ACTION: Sensors at helm detect the approaching shuttle.
LtSG F Wilkinson
: ::puts the plate down.::
LtCdrAHausmann
: @OHHHHH God we're all gonna die! ::squeezes eyes shut::
LtSG F Wilkinson: I want one thing before I leave you to your peace.
LtCdr K Hausmann
: @ Hey, where'd that planet come from? :dodging:
Ame Suisei
: ::waits as the lift zooms its way about the ship, humming a little tune he heard somewhere::
Ame Suisei: (( ::snickers:: ))
Lt Mirrie Dunton: :: takes off her wedding ring :: Here... it's yours...
LtCdrAHausmann: @That's it! No more flying for you!
Dr MG Armstrong: ::getting the blood sample, hypo pressed lightly to Bridget's neck:: There. Now if you happen to see a pair of pint-sized demons and their equally demonic keeper roaming the corridor... those two call me Mum.
LtSG F Wilkinson: That is not what I wanted.
LT SG MORTOK
: ::Looking att he console picks up the incomeing shuttle:: Sir :: Turns to face the Captain.:: We have a shuttle incomeing.
CaptKylePierce
: Saunders> What about this... who is the Commander married to?
Lt Mirrie Dunton: :: pauses :: then what?
EnsBridgetHowell: ::giggles:: Good to know. I bet they're adorable.
CaptKylePierce
: ::stands and steps down to helm, right besides Mortok:: Starfleet shuttle?
SamDonnerjack: Lets see... An evacuation could be done, but depending on how many people there are, it would take time to find a suitable class M planet.
LtCdr K Hausmann: @ I fly fine. :mutter: Go hail them, let's be civil.
LT SG MORTOK
: ::Scans:: Yes sir.
Ame Suisei
: ::steps out of the lift after it comes to a stop and walks over to the engineering panel and logs in::
LT SG MORTOK: Shall I open a channel?
Opal Garnet SrLt
: How many people are we talking?
LtCdrAHausmann
: @ ::looks up:: There she is...Meridian...of in the distance...a small vessel all alone in the night...
LtSG F Wilkinson: I want to hold you. And then you can hide wherever you want
EnsMidorikawa
: Lieutenant SG Frankie Wilkinson
CaptKylePierce: That wasn't on the agenda. No, maybe they are for us.
Ame Suisei: ::still humming softly::
EnsMidorikawa: what about him?
Dr MG Armstrong: Ha! Don't say it to them, they're all grown up at nine and six, and think they're manly men. All righty, we've got your data filed now and I can give you the grand tour. ::grinning::
Lt Mirrie Dunton: :: frowns :: Umm, how do I know you won't try and beam me to the brig?
LtCdr K Hausmann: @ Or three vessels depending on how bad the situation is.
Lt Mirrie Dunton
: Or some other inconvenient place...
Ame Suisei: (( why does that sound familiar alana? ))
LtSG F Wilkinson: If I wanted to beam you to the brig, I could have done it by now, before I came to see you
SamDonnerjack
: Not to mention, they may not want to be moved...
LtCdrAHausmann: @+Meridian+ USS Meridian this is the shuttle Victory.
CaptKylePierce: Saunders> So, think about it... if you're running scared, who is going to be the one you turn to first?
SamDonnerjack: Somewhere in the number of 2 million
Lt Mirrie Dunton: :: sighs :: Very well... :: puts her ring back on ::
Opal Garnet SrLt: Well, if it comes down to being moved or being dead, most people will see reason.
EnsBridgetHowell
: ::hops off biobed 1, and follows Marnie:: I'm ready.
CaptKylePierce
: Open the channel, Mr. Mortok. ::moves back to in front of his chair, pulling his tunic a la Picard::
Ame Suisei: ::turns and walks over to kyle:: reporting as ordered captain... ::glances at the screen::
LtCdrAHausmann: @ I'll be Pierce is pulling on his tunic just like Picard...
LT SG MORTOK: :: Hears the incomeing hail..Makes sure the channel is clear then opens.:: Opne sir.
CaptKylePierce
: ::motions a 'hang on' to Ame::
Dr MG Armstrong: This... ::still grinning:: ...is Biobed Two. He's got a mind of his own and decides who he likes and doesn't, so be nice.
CaptKylePierce: {{:-P @ Alana}}
LT SG MORTOK: Open*
LtSG F Wilkinson
: ::opens his arms and moves closer::
EnsMidorikawa
: ::nods slowly:: but he would have told us, wouldn't he? I mean he's one of the ones looking for her
LtCdrAHausmann: {{Ain't I a stinker?}}
Ame Suisei: ::nods and waits::
LtCdr K Hausmann: @ :to Alana: He always does. He almost had ME doing it for awhile.
Lt Mirrie Dunton
: ((Biobed 2 is a girl ... that's why it likes Ame best :: giggles ::-))
SamDonnerjack: I wonder if we could find a way to contain the nebula itself.
CaptKylePierce: +Victory+ Shuttle Victory this is Captain Kyle Pierce of the Meridian. How can we assist you?
Dr MG Armstrong: ((ROFL))
Dr MG Armstrong: ((okay, magic edit to "she")
Lt Mirrie Dunton: :: embraces Frankie ::
Opal Garnet SrLt: Or maybe redirect the radiation?
Opal Garnet SrLt
: Hmm. You may be onto something.
LtSG F Wilkinson
: ::whispers in her ear as they hug:: I will always love you.
Ame Suisei
: (( ::sighs:: ))
SamDonnerjack: We could sweep it into a wormhole
LtCdrAHausmann: +Pierce+Captain! Alana and Keith Hausmann here! Permission to dock. We have urgent business to discuss.
Lt Mirrie Dunton: :: nods and tears up ::
SamDonnerjack: so to speak
EnsBridgetHowell: ::laughs and smiles:: ok. I'll be sure to be careful.
LtCdr K Hausmann
: @ :nods to Alana, as he's busy trying to dodge a comet:
SamDonnerjack
: instead of vacuum
Opal Garnet SrLt: ::looks up from the computer::
CaptKylePierce
: Saunders> ::stares:: Would you if your husband came to you saying everyone was after him?
Opal Garnet SrLt: Sweep.
LtSG F Wilkinson
: ::doesn't want to let her go, but finally does::
Opal Garnet SrLt
: You want to make a big broom, so we can sweep a nebula, which by it's very name is a nebulous object and difficult to grasp, into a wormhole that we have *no* way of making?
Dr MG Armstrong
: Just make friends, and you'll be fine. ::gives Biobed Two a friendly pat::
CaptKylePierce: ::blinks:: +Victory+ Roger that, Victor.
CaptKylePierce: Mr. Mortok, open the shuttlebay doors.
Lt Mirrie Dunton: :: looks back one more time and disappears into the tubes :: Je t'aime mon amour... je t'aime. :: starts climbing ::
EnsBridgetHowell: ::follows suit, and pats biobed 2:: I'll get right on thast.
EnsBridgetHowell
: that*
EnsMidorikawa
: I don't have one but I would project that no, I'd keep him safe
LtCdrAHausmann: +Pierce+ I'm not Victor but we do need a vector!
LtCdrAHausmann: :-D
Ame Suisei: (( ::wonders if biobed 2 will bite thier hands off or not:: ))
LtSG F Wilkinson: ::Watches her climb away::
Lt Mirrie Dunton
: Biobed 2> :: whirrs and grrs at the patting ::
LtCdr K Hausmann: @ Right. :sweeps around Meridian, lining up with the shuttlebay doors: I can do this.
Opal Garnet SrLt
: I think we were closer when you mentioned containing or redirecting.
EnsBridgetHowell
: {{::pulls hand away from biobed 2 *quickly*}}
Dr MG Armstrong
: Anyway... You saw the front of the shop, triage is just past the nurses' station and this of course is our main treatment area. ::starts walking toward the back::
CaptKylePierce: Once they are aboard, move us away from the planet. Break orbit and get us half a lightyear away.
Opal Garnet SrLt: Shield technology is *far* more tenable for us than wormhole technology.
LtCdrAHausmann
: @::closes eyes and begins Russian prayers for the dead::
LT SG MORTOK: Aye sir. :: Hits all the proper buttons and raises the forcefield then opens the shuttle bay doors:: +Victory+ Please proceed to shuttle bay 2 :: Gives Vectors::
EnsBridgetHowell
: ::continues following Marnie:: Ok.
CaptKylePierce
: +Security (Rini)+ Pierce to Security.
SamDonnerjack: OR subspace tearing technology for that mater ::with a sly look on his face::
LtSG F Wilkinson: ::looks at the PADD of seven and crosses off this location::
Opal Garnet SrLt
: ::sits back in her seat::
Ame Suisei
: ::continues waiting still humming 'Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life' ::
Ame Suisei: (( :-P ))
Dr MG Armstrong: Doctors' offices are off that way... ::points:: The quartermaster's office will probably deliver your nameplate in a day or two. Over here we have the break room and across from it are the medlabs.
LT SG MORTOK: +Victory+ Please secure you craft in landing padd 2. :: Activates the landing lights::
EnsMidorikawa
: +Pierce+ Security here, how can we help you sir?
Caden Armstrong: ((Thanks Captain))
Caden Armstrong has entered the room.
CaptKylePierce: {{Evening Caden! ::waves:: Welcome.}}
LtCdr K Hausmann: @ :spirals the shuttle a little to sweep towards Shuttle Bay 2: :turns to Alana: Is that Mortok?
LtCdrAHausmann
: @::peeks:: The lights Keith...go into the lights... What am I saying?!
EnsBridgetHowell: {{::Waves:: hi!}}
Lt Mirrie Dunton
: :: Finally finds a safe spot and sits down and tries to dry her eyes ::
Lt Mirrie Dunton: Alana... please hurry...
LtCdrAHausmann: @KEITH! Slow down!
Caden Armstrong: ((thanks))
Opal Garnet SrLt: Fine. We'll work on your wormhole. Despite the fact that tearing subspace is illegal and morally wrong, despite the fact that we have *no* idea how to adjust physics in order to make a controllable wormhole.
Ame Suisei
: (( ::snickers:: ))
CaptKylePierce: +Rini+ We have two incoming visitors about to dock in Shuttlebay two. Would you escort them to the Conference Room?
EnsBridgetHowell: ::follows Marnie's hand, trying to remember everything's exact location:: Got it. Medlabs, and break room...
LtCdr K Hausmann
: @ :lines up..reasonably well...thanks to the lights: WHAT? :slams on the reverse thruster:
Lt Mirrie Dunton
: (( Hey there Caden...))
CaptKylePierce: {{Ouch, Sam, you just got told... :-X}}
EnsMidorikawa: +Pierce+ Yes sir, right away
LtCdr K Hausmann: @ :skids to a stop somewhere in the shuttle bay:
LT SG MORTOK
: :: Prepares the shuttlecraft tractor beam::
SamDonnerjack
: Hey its just a backup idea. If there is an easier and safer way to go, lets hear it
LtCdrAHausmann: @::is now prone on the console like a limp pancake:: ow...
Dr MG Armstrong: ::chuckles a little:: There are tags beside every door, throughout the ship, so don't be afraid to read them until you find your way around.
LtCdrAHausmann: @ Are we dead yet?
LtSG F Wilkinson: ::moves down the tube, away from where she went and sits::
Opal Garnet SrLt
: ::throws her hands up and stands, pacing::
CaptKylePierce
: Saunders> Ooh, escort duty. ::smirks::
LT SG MORTOK: ::Seals the shuttlebay doors::
Opal Garnet SrLt
: Backup plan?!
Dr MG Armstrong
: Back here where it's quiet, we have the surgical suite and private rooms for patients who need to stay more than a few hours.
EnsMidorikawa: ::rolls eyes:: joy of joys
Opal Garnet SrLt: It's the only plan you've considered!
LtCdr K Hausmann
: @ Of course we're not dead. Told you I'd get us here safely!
SamDonnerjack
: With everything weve seen in the last 2 years, it wouldnt suprize me if the thing works, and then at the last minute goes berserk and gets someone killed or something
Lt Mirrie Dunton: :: hears talk, moves closer to the opening and sees Opal and Sam yelling and scurries back, but close enough to listen ::
CaptKylePierce: Once we've reached the half-lightyear mark, have us hold steady. If you receive any calls from the planet, Mr. Mortok...
CaptKylePierce: Dodge them.
LtCdr K Hausmann: @ :absently crosses himself as he gets out of the chair:
SamDonnerjack
: I considered the containment plan
Opal Garnet SrLt: ::stops::
EnsMidorikawa
: ::pauses at door, glancing at Saunders:: thanks for the other night
Opal Garnet SrLt: Then why bother trying anything?
CaptKylePierce
: Use your Klingon finesse. ::smirks::
EnsBridgetHowell: ::looks at floor, and grins:: Ok. I get lost pretty easy...ok. I hope we don't have many patients who need to stay that long...
LtSG F Wilkinson
: { AFK }
LtCdrAHausmann
: @ ::follows him::
SamDonnerjack: Because we dont give up.
CaptKylePierce: Saunders> No, thank you.
Opal Garnet SrLt: And you guys say that women are hard to reason with.
Opal Garnet SrLt
: ::shakes her head and sighs::
Dr MG Armstrong
: As you'll remember from your course in medical security, each of the private rooms is equipped with security fields and isolation fields. We don't have to use them often, but they're handy on occasion.
LtCdr K Hausmann: @ You know, when I grew up everyone told me how empty space was. They didn't know what they were talking about.
EnsBridgetHowell
: ::nods:: Yes.
SamDonnerjack
: No women are easy to reason with, as long as you understand they are always right.
CaptKylePierce: {{Oh, he's turned to sucking up... ;-)}}
LtCdr K Hausmann: :steps onto Meridian, looking around for Pierce or an escort:
LtCdrAHausmann
: @ We can discuss your dysfunctional childhood later! Right now we need to find Mirrie.
SamDonnerjack: ::grins mischevously::
EnsMidorikawa: ::smiles:: you're sweet ::marches out and to TL:: Shuttlebay 2 please
Ame Suisei: (( rofl ))
LT SG MORTOK: :: To the Captain :: Our guests have docked leaving Orbit. :: Activates the impulse engines and turns us 80 degrees away from the planet and heads out at 1/2 impulse then holds stready at half a light year::
SamDonnerjack
: Alright, so we have containment, or redirectment
Ame Suisei: ::adds twiddling his thumbs to his actions::
Caden Armstrong: :::puttering around Engineering:::::
CaptKylePierce: Mr. Suisei. ::turns:: Sorry about that.
SamDonnerjack: Redirection sounds like it would be easier, because it would only need to be enough to protect the planet
SamDonnerjack: containment would have to be enough to surround the entire nebula
Ame Suisei: ::shrugs:: its alright sir, life happens
Lt Mirrie Dunton: :: sits up straight :: Redirection?
LtCdrAHausmann: @What? No welcoming committee? I'm hurt.
EnsMidorikawa: ::leaves TL to enter the Shuttlebay, walking up to the new shuttle docked there::
Lt Mirrie Dunton: :: shakes head and returns to her notes ::
Opal Garnet SrLt: ::nods, punching numbers into the computer::
LtCdrAHausmann
: @::pauses:: Keith...Meridian has changed direction.
Opal Garnet SrLt: Okay, thankfully it's not growing in this direction.
LtCdr K Hausmann
: @ :frown: Maybe this is more serious than we thought. Maybe something happened to the Meridian. Wait, over there. :turns to face Ens:
CaptKylePierce
: I'm not happy having to put off the delegates this long. When they arrive I'm going to need all the presentations ready. Doctor Armstrong will be working with the medical influences of the planet's radiation.
Dr MG Armstrong: So... ::leading Bridget back to the doctors' offices:: Here's your own little corner of paradise. ::chuckling::
Caden Armstrong: ::::leaves Engineering for a J-tube to do some maintanence::::
LtCdrAHausmann: @::follows his glance::
LT SG MORTOK: (( hey all I have t jet my daughter is not feeling well. Will be back next week))
Opal Garnet SrLt
: Over time, the radiation will likely decrease, but we can't wait for "eventually".
EnsMidorikawa
: ::stand at attention, waiting for shuttle occupants to decend::
Lt Mirrie Dunton: ((Night Mortok!))
EnsBridgetHowell: {{::waves:: night!}}
Caden Armstrong
: ((Night Mortok))
Ame Suisei: :nods slightly:
LT SG MORTOK: (( Night all see ya next week ))
Dr MG Armstrong
: ((Night, Mortok!))
CaptKylePierce: As I understand it, Lieutenant Garnet and Donnerjack are in the process of working on the containment or irradication of the nebula itself.
LT SG MORTOK has left the room.
CaptKylePierce: {{Night Mortok! Drat...}}
EnsBridgetHowell: ::giggles:: Paradise, huh?
LtSG F Wilkinson
: { BAK }
LtCdr K Hausmann
: :paces over, studies Midorikawa's uniform: Ensign? I am Commander Hausmann and this is Comman...uh...Doctor Hausmann. We'd like to speak with the captain.
SamDonnerjack
: So just how big is this thing anyway?
EnsBridgetHowell: well, didn't know my job was going to be *that* easy.
Dr MG Armstrong
: Well, it's not home... but it'll do for the moment.
LtCdrAHausmann: @::kicks Keith in the shin::
LtCdr K Hausmann: :winces:
Ame Suisei
: :nods again:
EnsMidorikawa: ::salutes:: Midorikawa, sirs. Please follow me
Opal Garnet SrLt: Only about 200 million miles across, at the widest point.
LtSG F Wilkinson
: ::moves out of the jefferies tubes, walks to the lift:: Section 17 Delta.
CaptKylePierce
: I'm worried about the nebular reaction with the dilithium on that moon. I'd like you and your assistants in engineering to run some tests to make sure that it doesn't cause it to... explode. ::smirks::
EnsBridgetHowell: It's great.
Dr MG Armstrong
: Typical patients we see here... minor stuff. Bruises, cuts, a few broken bones, occasionally a bit of radiation poisoning.
EnsBridgetHowell: Well, doesn't sound too bad.
Dr MG Armstrong
: Hangovers. Lots of those. Silly engineers don't know what synthehol is for.
LtCdr K Hausmann: :follows the ensign, glancing around Meridian's halls looking to see what's different and what;s the same:
EnsMidorikawa
: ::guides the Commanders Hausman to TL::
LtCdrAHausmann: >>hmmm..kicked him so hard, he lost his @!
Lt Mirrie Dunton: :: decides to move away from the two officers to a quieter locale ::
EnsBridgetHowell: ::giggles:: Maybe we'll need to teach them...
LtSG F Wilkinson
: ::exits the lift in 17 Delta, a pretty vacant corridor:: +Security+ Wilkinson to Security.
EnsMidorikawa
: Bridge please ::smiles at the Commanders::
Dr MG Armstrong: That's typical. I'm told occasionally we'll have something more serious. Nothing we can't handle, we're doctors. ::grins::
LtCdr K Hausmann: :on Meridian, sees no need for an @:
EnsBridgetHowell
: That's what they told me when I graduated...
CaptKylePierce
: Saunders> +Frankie+ Saunders here.
LtCdrAHausmann: :-P
LtCdrAHausmann: Keith, does something seem odd to you?
Dr MG Armstrong: So have you had a year of residency, Bridget, or are you straight out of Starfleet Medical School?
LtCdr K Hausmann: What do you mean?
LtCdrAHausmann
: I'm not sure... Something just doesn't feel right.
Opal Garnet SrLt: Well, look at this.
EnsBridgetHowell
: Straight out of Starfleet, actually.
Opal Garnet SrLt
: ::pulls up a diagram::
LtSG F Wilkinson
: +Saunders+ Mr. Saunders, I have run a couple of tests and tried to locate Commander Wilkinson, alas all I found was what appeared to be one of the possible locations she might have been.
Caden Armstrong
: ::::::working in J-Tube 23... running a routine maintanance check on internal sensors::::
Ame Suisei: ::blinks as that thought sinks in::
CaptKylePierce: Saunders> ::stands:: +Wilkinson+ Yes...?
Opal Garnet SrLt: It's a series of reflector grids, powered by solar winds.
LtCdr K Hausmann
: I thought strange feelings were my job.
CaptKylePierce
: ::looks at Ame:: Moon go boom. Would you check it out?
Dr MG Armstrong: All right, then we'll be sure to have you shadowed by one of the more experienced nurses when you're on duty by yourself. ::smiles:: I was already through my residency and had a couple years' practice under my belt
Dr MG Armstrong: when I signed on.
EnsMidorikawa: ::stands aside as TL doors open onto Bridge:: Captain? I brought your guests
SamDonnerjack: so instead of one big mirror, its a series of them, like ducks and geese in the V formation...
Ame Suisei: ::nods and chuckles:: i suppose that is one method of putting it...
LtCdrAHausmann: ::glances over shoulder::
LtSG F Wilkinson: +Saunders+ Yes, what?
CaptKylePierce
: ACTION: The sensors pick up a dramatic change in the nebula's structure. It has contracted to 175 million miles at its widest point.
Opal Garnet SrLt
: The cascade effect is more efficiant this way ... ::draws on the interactive screen::
CaptKylePierce
: Saunders> +Wilkinson+ What spot are you talking about?
EnsBridgetHowell: Well, I had a choice to be a resident, or dive right in...i decided on the latter, obviously. I'm here to learn, and that's what I intent to do.
Ame Suisei
: very well sir I'll go get started...
EnsBridgetHowell: intend*
CaptKylePierce
: ::turns to the turbolift:: Thank you, Chief.
Ame Suisei: ::turns and heads for the engineering console and logs it off then enters the lift:: Main engineering
Opal Garnet SrLt: ::sees a sensor panel light up::
Dr MG Armstrong
: It's a little odd, sometimes, the military end of things. I did the requisite year at Starfleet Academy, but I'm still not used to the formalities. ::grinning::
CaptKylePierce: Ah! Commanders! It's a pleasure to see you again. How's Wesley treatin' you?
Opal Garnet SrLt: WHoops, what have we here?
LtCdrAHausmann
: @Captain Pierce!
Opal Garnet SrLt: ::fine tunes the sensors and pulls up the report::
SamDonnerjack
: ((oh great, were all gonna die))
LtCdr K Hausmann: :smiles thinly: Wesley sends his regards.
LtSG F Wilkinson
: +Saunders+ It was a spot in Section 17 Delta. Near where I am now ::hates to lie::
Opal Garnet SrLt
: ::frowns::
LtCdrAHausmann
: ::smiles tightly at the mention of the evil Weasley::
Ame Suisei: ::just missed noticing the Hausmanns::
Opal Garnet SrLt: Blast, this isn't good.
SamDonnerjack
: ((good thing im not wearing red today))
Opal Garnet SrLt: This nebula's hugely unstable.
SamDonnerjack
: ::is waiting for opal to explain:::
Opal Garnet SrLt: Look at this.
LtCdr K Hausmann
: But it is good to see you again. How are you?
SamDonnerjack
: ::looks at the panel::
LtCdrAHausmann: WE passed Ame in the corridor, but he was watching TV...
Opal Garnet SrLt: ::shows the sudden contraction of the nebula::
Caden Armstrong
: ::::puttering with his sensor check::::::
EnsMidorikawa: ::steps back into TL and leans against wall:: well that was... interesting... Security Offices please
LtSG F Wilkinson: I'm heading back to my office now.
CaptKylePierce
: Thank you, Ensign! ::to Rini::
LtSG F Wilkinson: +Saunders+
Opal Garnet SrLt
: This could be getting ready to make it's own black hole.
Opal Garnet SrLt
: ::runs a hand through her hair::
EnsBridgetHowell
: ::smiles:: I'm used to them, you could say, but I'm sure some of it will surprise me.
CaptKylePierce
: Saunders> +Wilkinson+ Thank you, Lieutenant. On our way. +Rini+ Rini, meet me in Section 17 Delta. I think that's Deck Eight.
SamDonnerjack: How bout that. We wont have to try and figure out how to make one with the ship, because the nebula is about to help us do that.
EnsMidorikawa: +Saunders+ you think? you don't know?
CaptKylePierce: ACTION: An awkward power spike in the center of the nebula increases the nebula's mass back to 200 miles at its widest point.
LtCdrAHausmann: Captain, we have good news and bad news.
Lt Mirrie Dunton: :: realises that she needs to get some rest, ambles off towards another area of the ship where there isn't any fighting or yelling ::
Opal Garnet SrLt: In which case, nothing we do will A) work, or B) last.
LtSG F Wilkinson
: ::Glad that position was far enough away from where she was::
Dr MG Armstrong
: ::nodding:: Cup of tea? Juice? My latest project is an analysis of nebular radiation, I turned in a copy to the Captain already but I want to go over it one more time, and another pair of eyes is always welcome.
CaptKylePierce: My ready room, if you please? ::moves into the ready room with the Commanders on his heels:: Ms. Breeze, you have the bridge.
LtCdr K Hausmann: :eyes Alana, then nods and follows Kyle to the ready room:
Caden Armstrong
: ::::puts a spanner down and thinks he can hear voices:::::
Lt Mirrie Dunton: :: decides just to climb higher than she was ::
Caden Armstrong: :::shouts::::Hello?
EnsMidorikawa: ::rolls eyes and asks TL to take her to Deck Eight:: please
Ame Suisei: ::as he rides the lift mutters:: im going to need help with this.. lets see... ah yes just the person.. +Caden+ Mr. Armstrong.. This is Lt Suisei.. please meet me in my office.. thank you
SamDonnerjack: Evacuation is starting to sound better and better.
CaptKylePierce: Saunders> +Rini+ Sue me. Wilkinson says his wife is around there possibly.
EnsBridgetHowell: Um, a glass of water would be nice...I'd be happy to help where ever, and whenever I'm needed.
EnsMidorikawa
: +Saunders+ on my way
Opal Garnet SrLt: ::frowns::
LtCdrAHausmann
: ::looks around the Ready Room:: I like what you've done with the place.
Opal Garnet SrLt: What's nearby?
CaptKylePierce
: Saunders> ::Standing at Section 17 Delta::
Opal Garnet SrLt: ::pulls up a map of the sector::
Dr MG Armstrong
: It's in my office... come on in... ::leads her into the next office and pauses at the replicator for a glass of water and one of iced tea::
SamDonnerjack: Should we start at 10 lightyears away? so if a blackhole does form, it shouldnt be able to reach the new planet?
Caden Armstrong: *Ame* Aye Sir.. on my way....
EnsMidorikawa: ::wanders over after TL doors open:: okay, plan of action? you know, since you're the senior crewman here ::winks::
Ame Suisei: ::exits the lift and walks accross engineering and into his office and waits for caden, considering the situation at hand::
EnsBridgetHowell: thank you. ::follows Marnie into her office, and looks around:: it's very nice.
Caden Armstrong
: ::::exits the tube and heads for Ame's office::::
CaptKylePierce: Saunders> No, no, I just transferred. I work for you.
LtCdr K Hausmann: :once the door's closed: We have immediate transfer orders for Mirrie Dunton-Wilkinson. :hands Kyle the datapadd:
CaptKylePierce
: ::takes it:: To go where?
Dr MG Armstrong: Eh, it's just an office. ::chuckles:: But let me put that report up on the wall monitor and we can go over it together. ::keys a couple commands into the console and the report comes up::
Caden Armstrong: :::reenters ME and heads for Ame's office::::
Caden Armstrong: :::presses the chime:::::
LtCdrAHausmann: Fleet has assigned her as Special Medical LIason to DSD1.
Opal Garnet SrLt: ::you know, this isn't making sense.
Opal Garnet SrLt
: Look at this.
EnsMidorikawa
: I wish, okay, I take it we're not going to find her gift wrapped in the middle of the corridor with a little note attached saying "here I am" so... back into the J-tubes?
CaptKylePierce: In HER mental state?
Opal Garnet SrLt: ::pulls up the density/mass spike of the nebula::
EnsBridgetHowell
: ::sips water, and takes a seat:: Sounds good.
LtCdrAHausmann
: I know you'll be sorry to lose her, but from a selfish point of view I can't wait to work with her again!
LtCdrAHausmann: Mental state?
LtCdr K Hausmann: :leans back, thinking they're about to hear the crux of the matter:
CaptKylePierce
: She thinks I'm the spawn of evil and plotted her kidnapping myself.
CaptKylePierce: {{Then again, who doesn't think that...? :-X}}
EnsMidorikawa: <but you are and you did, didn't you?>
Dr MG Armstrong: ::looking over the data at the beginning of the report:: As you can see, there are four distinct types of primary radiation being emitted from the nebula, two of which are known to be harmless to bipedal intelligent life.
LtCdrAHausmann: ::chuckles slightly:: I see nothing has changed! You are joking of course...?
CaptKylePierce: {{::whistles a tune::}}
Caden Armstrong: {{I was just going to say... she sounds rational to me}}
Ame Suisei: ::brings up the FGS's data on the moon in question and then the information on the nebula from science's database and begins looking them over::
Opal Garnet SrLt: Er, Sam?
SamDonnerjack
: Yes?
Caden Armstrong: :::presses Ame's chime again::::
Ame Suisei: ( FGS = Federation Geological Survey for those wondering )
Opal Garnet SrLt: ::waves a hand in front of his face:: The scan?
SamDonnerjack
: What about it?
Ame Suisei: ::looks up not having heard it the first time:: Enter
SamDonnerjack: You know more about what that means, then i do.
CaptKylePierce: She's hiding somewhere right now.
EnsBridgetHowell: ::nods:: Yes. And the other two?
Caden Armstrong
: :::enters::: You wanted to see me Chief?
Dr MG Armstrong: The other two... as they say, the jury's out. So the remainder of the report is pretty much speculation -- er, projections of possible harm that could be caused by such radiation. ::winks::
Opal Garnet SrLt: ::starts to say something, but deletes it::
CaptKylePierce
: She locked the entire senior staff in the conference room during our last meeting. And, she refuses to talk to Oridian.
LtCdrAHausmann: How can you lose your XO on your own ship?!
Ame Suisei: ::nods:: have a seat.. we have work to do
Caden Armstrong: :::sits::: Sure... what's up?
Opal Garnet SrLt: These readings aren't making sense ... not for any normal, natural nebula.
EnsMidorikawa
: so... which is the best way to go? I vote you go the way of the forcefield ::chuckles::
Opal Garnet SrLt: These fluctuations ... just shouldn't happen.
CaptKylePierce
: Saunders> I'm never going to live that down, am I? ::smirks slightly:: I'm not reading anyone in this section.
LtCdrAHausmann: Really Kyle, you MUST learn how to keep up with these things!
Dr MG Armstrong: And, of course, the twenty-seven types of secondary radiation, some of which are known to be deadly, but which are present in extremely small ratios here.
LtCdrAHausmann: ::flashes a bright smile::
SamDonnerjack: Hmm... Maybe... Just maybe. Someone artificially created that nebula, in an attempt to scare the people of the planet away, maybe even the moon, so they could steal whatever resources are there.
LtCdr K Hausmann: :nods: :eyes slit: We thought there might be something like that involved. There've been reports of erratic behavior....which is the more reason to get her somewhere she can get better. :tilts head: Delta's staff is...
EnsBridgetHowell
: ok, so do we need to prepare for what might happen?
LtCdr K Hausmann
: experienced with kidnap victims.
Opal Garnet SrLt
: ::sits back down::
Opal Garnet SrLt
: That's insidious.
EnsMidorikawa
: then I suppose we move up one ::points right:: you go that way, I'll go the other
CaptKylePierce: ::smirks:: Your sense of humor has been missed, Commander. She did a lot of damage before we rescinded her access codes. Even then, she is still giving us problems. She's not the Mirrie you know.
CaptKylePierce: Her kidnapping... changed her.
Ame Suisei: ::turns the desk terminal so they both can see it:: well we need to look over the effects of this nebula on that dilithium-laden moon
SamDonnerjack: ::shrugs:: Or its just another mission where out of nowhere some wierd stuff happens, because we have never had a mission that was simple and went as it should.
CaptKylePierce: Saunders> Why does this have to be so difficult?
Dr MG Armstrong: That's what they tell me. ::reaches for a pointer, and it hops into her hand:: Here's a projection of the planet they say is affected by this nebula.
Lt Mirrie Dunton: :: watches them split up and shakes her head ::
EnsMidorikawa: what do you mean?
Opal Garnet SrLt: ::chuckles::
CaptKylePierce
: Saunders> Nevermind. I'll comm you if I see anything. ::moves away::
LtCdrAHausmann: ::softly:: Fleet is aware of the change in orders and of our presence here. I think perhaps it would be prudent to find her...immediately. You understand of course...
Caden Armstrong: Hmm.. I'm not really a geologist but... I'll do my best....
EnsBridgetHowell: ::stands up and walks to the projection:: Ok. ::sips water::
SamDonnerjack
: Well, all things being equal, whats the most simple conclusion you can draw about the erratic behavior from this nebula?
EnsMidorikawa: hey ::bounces up to Saunders:: what did you mean?
CaptKylePierce: {{::pencils a straight-forward sim in for the future somewhere::}}
LtCdr K Hausmann: :blinks at Alana:
LtSG F Wilkinson
: ::riding the lift back to his office::
Lt Mirrie Dunton
: :: waits for them to go their separate ways and ambles down the ladder ::
Opal Garnet SrLt: I think I need to ask you guys to realign the sensors ... I don't think we're seeing the whole picture.
LtCdr K Hausmann
: What she's saying :firmly: is that, again, her..injuries..can best be dealt with away from whatever stresses she's attached to it.
Caden Armstrong
: What is the composition of the nebula?
Dr MG Armstrong: Science and engineering are working on other aspects of this. What we need to do is determine whether this radiation is going to have an effect on the planet's people, and if so, what effect, long or short term...
LtCdrAHausmann: ::kicks him under the table::
CaptKylePierce: Saunders> The commander can't be like hiding in a box with a huge X on it. She has to crawl around the bowels of the ship. ::smirks:: Make me work harder.
Dr MG Armstrong: ...and what we can do to prevent the effect or mitigate it.
SamDonnerjack: Give me the specs on how you want them aligned, and youll have it.
Caden Armstrong: :::watching the screen intently....::::
Opal Garnet SrLt: ::nods::
Opal Garnet SrLt
: Hang on a minute.
Ame Suisei
: its not just you.. we're both working on this.. and im probably less of a geologist than you are.. all i care about rocks is that they arent hitting me or sliding out from under my feet...
CaptKylePierce: ::nods:: That's the problem. I've had my security people on it for almost two days now. She's...good.
Opal Garnet SrLt: ::does some impressive calculations::
CaptKylePierce
: Maybe medical wasn't the field for her to study in.
Lt Mirrie Dunton: :: turns and wants to yell something to them, but shrugs and decides to just get out of the jeffries tube ::
EnsBridgetHowell: ::nods:: ok. So, do we have samples of the radiation to minipulate? or, do we not need them? i'm not totally familiar with the technology on the ship.
CaptKylePierce
: {{Does anyone have a problem going ten minutes over? It's important.}}
Caden Armstrong: At least we have two experts on it eh?
EnsMidorikawa: ::thinks that watching Ryan work hard is never a bad thing then blushes furiously:: well quite
LtCdrAHausmann: ::glances upward:: When did the ceilings get painted blue...? Oy...
LtSG F Wilkinson: (no problem)
Dr MG Armstrong
: ((Okay with me...))
Caden Armstrong: ((No objection here))
EnsMidorikawa: <no problem here, I just sleep after anyway>
Ame Suisei: ::turns to the terminal and brings up the current sensor scans of the nebula:: agreed.. but orders are orders
EnsBridgetHowell: {{nope}}
LtCdrAHausmann
: ::has an unpleasant flashback::
Caden Armstrong: ((Makes me feel better... like I am not the only one to run over :-) ))
Opal Garnet SrLt: Here ... think that this is possible? ::shows him the screen::
Lt Mirrie Dunton
: :: exits the jeffries tube and looks around, not seeing any crew enters a lift :: Deck 2, Section 4 ::
Dr MG Armstrong: We do not have samples, we only have computer simulations. Which is what I used in my preliminary report to the Captain.
SamDonnerjack: Of course.
EnsBridgetHowell: Ok.
LtCdr K Hausmann
: Well, I think we can help with that. :rises, nods to Alana: With your permission.
CaptKylePierce
: If you two know how to find her, please do so. ::smiles:: It'd make my life a lot easier. However, I am quite saddened about this sudden transfer order.
Opal Garnet SrLt: Okay, I think there will be more changes, but this is good to start on.
Dr MG Armstrong
: ((If you run over, is that why I'm tired? ;-)))
Opal Garnet SrLt: ::downloads the computations and changes to a PADD::
EnsMidorikawa
: ::backs away down her own direction, still watching Saunders walk away then mutters:: silly silly bunny, Rini
LtSG F Wilkinson: ::exits the lift and enters his office::
SamDonnerjack
: ::moves over to an adjacent console, and patches into engineering, then begins to realign the sensors based on opal's calculations:::
Opal Garnet SrLt: ::hands it to Sam:: How long, do you think?
Caden Armstrong
: ((Bad donkey... bad))
Ame Suisei: ::looks at the data and blinks:: something here doest look right to me.. what about you?
CaptKylePierce: Saunders> ::looking in places that he knows the Commander can't be hiding::
EnsBridgetHowell: I'm sorry, i keep rushing you...please, you've probably got all of these questions answered in your report. Continue.
Dr MG Armstrong
: ((I'm still the best educated donkey here... ;-)))
Caden Armstrong: It doesn't feel right, No sir....
CaptKylePierce: Saunders> +Rini+ I'm not picking up anything...the entire Jefferies tube net on this deck is clear.
SamDonnerjack: :::without looking away from the padd, or the console::: Not sure. might take a little while. these arent simple changes
Lt Mirrie Dunton: :: exits the lift and walks into her quarters and straight into the sonic shower, sensing she has an odor ::
EnsMidorikawa: +Saunders+ I know, this is a waste of time
Dr MG Armstrong: ::laughs:: Oh, not at all. Why don't you read through the report and tell me what you think? Then we can work together on expanding it.
LtCdrAHausmann: ::sighs heavily:: Computer, locate Mirrie Dunton.
Opal Garnet SrLt: No, especially in the gradient xenon spectrum.
CaptKylePierce
: Saunders> +Rini+ I guess that Lieutenant Wilkinson's idea was misplaced.
Opal Garnet SrLt: I'd like those to be especially accurate.
EnsBridgetHowell
: ::grins:: ok.
SamDonnerjack
: ::nods absently:::
Lt Mirrie Dunton: COMPUTER> Commander Dunton-Wilkinson is in Cargo Bay 3
EnsMidorikawa: ::walks up behind Ryan:: boo
LtCdr K Hausmann: :rising, nods to Alana: Let's go. :smiles at Kyle: It's been good to see you again.
Ame Suisei
: ::points to a few things:: these gasses here are highly reactive or is my memory fooling me?
CaptKylePierce: ::blinks:: She's not there. That's where our search began.
CaptKylePierce: Saunder> Oh, God!
LtCdr K Hausmann: She obviously ditched her badge, Alana.
CaptKylePierce
: Saunders> Stop that.
SamDonnerjack: :::still tapping away on the console, making adjustments, checking them 42 times, and then making more adjustments:::
Lt Mirrie Dunton: :: enjoys her shower ::
LtCdrAHausmann: Now what would she be doing in a Cargo Bay?
EnsMidorikawa: why?
EnsBridgetHowell: Would like me to look over it right now? or do you want me to get back to you? Either is fine...
Opal Garnet SrLt
: Here, try adding this, too.
Caden Armstrong
: No, that seems right. I didn't think it was possible to combine some of these actually...Not with out massive problems.
CaptKylePierce: Saunders> I want to live to be older than forty.
Opal Garnet SrLt: ::hands him another change::
EnsMidorikawa
: ::giggles:: why?
SamDonnerjack: :::begins to work the new change in, checking it more times, and then some:::
Lt Mirrie Dunton: :: steps out of the shower and changes into her old Medical uniform and just puts on an Ensign's pip ::
CaptKylePierce: Saunders> NEvermind.
Dr MG Armstrong: Go ahead and read it through, I'll just check in with the nurses and make sure everything is ship-shape, and I'll be back in a few.
Ame Suisei: and then consider the moon's makeup...
Dr MG Armstrong: ::grins again and leaves her office::
EnsBridgetHowell: ::nods:: ok...Marnie.
CaptKylePierce
: ::watches Keith and Alana:: Like I said... we've been unsuccessful finding her.
LtSG F Wilkinson: ::sitting in his office, the door re-secured::
EnsMidorikawa
: ::tips head to side:: I think your earlier conjecture that the Lieutenant is protecting her was correct
CaptKylePierce: Saunders> Think we should go talk to him?
Opal Garnet SrLt: Hey, can we add an extra extension onto the lateral sensor?
Caden Armstrong
: What is the moon orbiting?
Caden Armstrong: Or is it just an rogue?
CaptKylePierce: Perhaps if you did an overhead page to her saying you're onboard would lure her out?
EnsMidorikawa: I think that is a wonderful idea, Watson
SamDonnerjack: Of course.
Opal Garnet SrLt: We have the hardware?
LtCdrAHausmann
: ::doesn't like the sound of "lure her out"::
Dr MG Armstrong: ::goes to the nurses' station to check on things::
Lt Mirrie Dunton: :: fastens her new comm badge on her uniform and heads out for a walk-about avoiding crew where possible ::
LtCdr K Hausmann: :nods: We'll take care of it. :smiles at Pierce: I'll let you know if we find her.
Ame Suisei
: ::double checks the data:: um that would be the planet where we are currently heading for diplomatic reasons
CaptKylePierce: Saunders> Excellent, Sherlock. Let's go. ::Steps into the turbolift::
SamDonnerjack: One of the cargobays may have some... :::turns to an adjacent console, and pulls up an inventory::
LtCdrAHausmann: ::sighs heavily:: I do so want to see her again.
LtCdr K Hausmann: :heading out, heading back towards the shuttle:
EnsBridgetHowell
: ::flips through report, and takes mental notes:: Hmmm...::bites bottom lip::
CaptKylePierce
: ::moves out with them:: I'm going with you.
EnsMidorikawa: Sick Bay please ::smiles at Ryan:: always have to say please, otherwise it might not take you where you want it to
Dr MG Armstrong: ::sees that Frankie's office is occupied, and pauses to send him a text message that the new doctor is here::
Ame Suisei: (( brb))
LtCdr K Hausmann: :glances at Alana: :nods: Sure.
Opal Garnet SrLt
: ::scratches her head, thinking::
SamDonnerjack
: Yep, we should have enough to add an extention...
CaptKylePierce: Saunders> Or give you a bumpy ride. ::laughs::
LtSG F Wilkinson: ::hears message come up, reads and nods::
SamDonnerjack
: I could even use the sensors from some of the shuttlecraft if needed
CaptKylePierce: ::moves with Keith and Alana into the turbolift, letting them take the lead::
EnsMidorikawa: ::looks at him with all seriousness:: exactly
Opal Garnet SrLt: ::nods:: Okay, that should work.
CaptKylePierce
: Saunders> ::stops laughing::
Opal Garnet SrLt: Do you have the manpower available?
SamDonnerjack
: ::shrugs:: Im sure something can be arranged.
LtCdrAHausmann: How is your daughter, Captain? Is she still aboard?
EnsMidorikawa: ::suddenly starts giggling:: do you take everything I say seriously?
CaptKylePierce: Saunders> ::Steps out onto the deck::
EnsMidorikawa: ::follows Saunders, still giggling lightly::
CaptKylePierce: No, she's is finishing her fourth year on Earth at the Academy. Something about teenage freedom and all that. She'll be graduating at the end of next term.
Ame Suisei: ::looks at caden:: unless im missing something here this isnt a good thing
SamDonnerjack: ::goes back to the previous console, and finishes the realignments:::
CaptKylePierce: Saunders> You're taking the lead on this one. ::walks into Sickbay::
LtCdr K Hausmann: :after several TLs and such, walks into the shuttle:
SamDonnerjack
: Well, thats all i can do, until the extension gets put in place
Opal Garnet SrLt: +Pierce+ Sir, do you have a moment?
Caden Armstrong
: Well if I remember my chemistry right, I think if you add Dilithium to this gas::: pointing:::: and add hydrogen or was it... :::pondering a moment...::: I don't remember what you needed to add....but it causes a massive explosion.
CaptKylePierce: +Garnet+ I'm actually occupied at the moment, Lieutenant. Can you give me twenty minutes?
LtCdrAHausmann: ::smiles:: I am pleased she's done so well. She was a bit ditzy for a while there!
CaptKylePierce: ::grins:: Like her mother.
Dr MG Armstrong: ::checks out Sickbay, pausing by Biobed Two:: How ya doing, hon? We'll get you some fresh programming to munch on if you like.
CaptKylePierce: But, only briefly.
Opal Garnet SrLt: +Pierce+ If you could, can you come to the Science lab? Donnerjack and I would like to show you something.
Opal Garnet SrLt
: ::looks at Sam::
Ame Suisei
: ::blanches:: i thought so i was hoping i was wrong
LtCdrAHausmann: ::laughs:: That's right...blame the women!
EnsMidorikawa: ::steps in front of Ryan, looking around for someone:: could someone tell me if Lieutenant Wilkinson is here?
Lt Mirrie Dunton: Biobed 2> :: whrrs and hums ::
CaptKylePierce: +Garnet+ Understood, I'll be there in twenty minutes.
EnsBridgetHowell: ::finishes the report, and walks over to replicator for another glass of water::
LtCdr K Hausmann
: :starts typing rapidly, accessing the message Mirrie sent and its combadge signal:
CaptKylePierce
: Saunders> ::Sees Bridget:: You there, where's Wilkinson?
SamDonnerjack: :::saying to noone:: Im going to have to schedule some time with Mr.Starfire if it turns out this thing was created so someone could steal resources...
Caden Armstrong: But it replicates a certain signature too... but I can't remember what it was either...
LtCdrAHausmann: This is like looking for a dry shpooing cart at Space Mart on a rainy day...
Dr MG Armstrong: Good... I'll see if I can't get that for you first thing tomorrow. ::pats the biobed gently and moves along::
LtCdr K Hausmann: Alright. Let's do this. +Shuttle Computer+ Analyze the badge signal. Locate. Beam aboard.
EnsBridgetHowell
: ::turns, startled:: Oh, um, I'm not sure. I'm new...
Opal Garnet SrLt
: >::laughing:: A dry shpooing cart?!<
Dr MG Armstrong
: ((Ya can't shpoo with a wet one!))
Lt Mirrie Dunton: ACTION :: Mirrie, walking down a corridor is suddenly beamed aboard the shuttle, screaming... Noooooo!
CaptKylePierce: {{::laughs!::}}
CaptKylePierce: ::frowns:: Well, there she is...
LtCdr K Hausmann: :turns in his chair towards the back of the craft, absently grabbing the pilot's phaser: :not pointing at anyone, simply holding it:
Lt Mirrie Dunton
: :: deshimmers and looks around ::
Lt Mirrie Dunton: :: backs up ::
LtCdrAHausmann: Ah! There you are dear!
Ame Suisei: ::considers::
Lt Mirrie Dunton: ALANA? Is that really you?
LtCdrAHausmann: ::slips an arm around Mirrie::
CaptKylePierce: ::looks at Mirrie::
LtCdr K Hausmann: Yes, there she is. :nods to Mirrie:
Dr MG Armstrong
: ::goes back into her office::
Lt Mirrie Dunton: :: turns and sees Pierce :: But... why... why is he here???
LtCdrAHausmann: Just relax. We've got you.
Lt Mirrie Dunton: :: pales ::
LtCdrAHausmann: He's the Captain. Itr's in his contract.
LtCdrAHausmann: ::smile for the camera, Captain::
Opal Garnet SrLt: ::stretches::
LtCdr K Hausmann
: He asked to see you.
Lt Mirrie Dunton
: :: frowns :: Did he offer to pay you to catch me?
CaptKylePierce: You're been transferred, Mirrie. I apologize if you blame me for your abduction. I would like to think that you served with me long enough to know that I'm not that kind of person.
Opal Garnet SrLt: That's a good day's work, Chief.
Lt Mirrie Dunton
: :: just stares at him blankly without a response ::
LtCdrAHausmann: No, he didn't offer us a plugged nickel the cheapskate...
EnsBridgetHowell: ::sees Marnie:: Um, Marnie, this gentlemen wants to know where Dr. Wilkinson is...
LtCdrAHausmann
: :-D
CaptKylePierce: Saunders> ::looks at Rini::
LtCdr K Hausmann: Speak for yourself. :-)
Lt Mirrie Dunton: ... .. did you bring the crepes?
SamDonnerjack: Well, im going to get started on setting this extension in place, have fun.
LtCdrAHausmann: Three dozen...blueberry!
SamDonnerjack: ::Waves and walks out of science, back towards engineering:::
Opal Garnet SrLt: ::nods:: Thanks. You, too.
Lt Mirrie Dunton
: :: stumbles :: You're not here to help me!
LtCdr K Hausmann: Once we find out what happened, Kyle, we'll send you a message. :smiles:
CaptKylePierce
: ::sighs::
CaptKylePierce: Raspberry.
Opal Garnet SrLt: >Raspberry!<
Dr MG Armstrong
: ::turns:: Dr. Wilkinson is not available, is there something I can help you with?
CaptKylePierce: She likes Raspberry.
LtCdrAHausmann: Can we talk about this AFTER we've rescued you?
EnsMidorikawa: No, thank you, we need to talk to the Lieutenant
Lt Mirrie Dunton: :: just sighs ::
CaptKylePierce: ::nods:: Thank you, Keith. Take care of yourself. And, say hello to Sophie and Scotty for me. Tell them that Alyssa says 'Hi' as well.
Ame Suisei: ::waits as caden thinks::
CaptKylePierce: Saunders> Computer, locate Frankie Wilkinson.
CaptKylePierce: Computer> Frankie Wilkinson is in his office.
LtCdrAHausmann: We will. And don't worry about the good Doctor. She'll be fine.
Dr MG Armstrong: ((Caden knows how to think?))
SamDonnerjack: ((i halfway expected an End Simulation like 5 minutes ago... heh))
Dr MG Armstrong: ((I didn't give him permission to think...))
LtCdr K Hausmann: :nods: I will. Be well, Kyle. :thwaps the switch to open the doorway:
CaptKylePierce
: {{He got the half of hte brain tonight..}}
Dr MG Armstrong: ((ROFL!!!))
Caden Armstrong: It isn't coming to me, Chief I'm sorry...
SamDonnerjack: ::arrives at engineering and begins going over the duty roster:::
CaptKylePierce: ::steps back and moves back into the corridor::
CaptKylePierce: END MERIDIAN SIMULATION
CaptKylePierce: END MERIDIAN SIMULATION
CaptKylePierce: END MERIDIAN SIMULATION
Lt Mirrie Dunton: :: paused ::
LtSG F Wilkinson: ::paused::
EnsMidorikawa
: ::paused::
CaptKylePierce: ::paused:
LtCdrAHausmann: paused
EnsBridgetHowell: ::paused!::
Caden Armstrong
: ((I do? :::looking around for it ::: Uh oh...))
Caden Armstrong: ::::paused:::
Dr MG Armstrong: ::umop apisdn wis asned::
Lt Mirrie Dunton: ATTENTION CREW!!
Opal Garnet SrLt: ::AA::
SamDonnerjack
: ::AA::
Dr MG Armstrong: ::AA::
Caden Armstrong: ::AA::
EnsMidorikawa: ::AA::
Ame Suisei: ::laughs:: just as we were getting somewhere
EnsBridgetHowell: ::AA::
Ame Suisei
: ::AA::
CaptKylePierce: Excellent simulation guys. Ame, that's what LOGS are for... ;-)
CaptKylePierce: OK. We've got a saddening announcement to make tonight.
LtSG F Wilkinson: ::AA::
CaptKylePierce
: Tonight was Commander Mirrie Dunton-Wilkinson's last simulation aboard the USS Meridian. :-( She's served as my Executive Officer for the last time since starting in March of '04.
Ame Suisei: l-whats?
Dr MG Armstrong: :-(
CaptKylePierce: I would like everyone to give her a round of applause for her dedication and continued presence on the sim. As the last founding member (besides myself), she will be missed tremendously.
CaptKylePierce: ::claps:: Thank you, Commander.
Dr MG Armstrong: ::applauds::
Opal Garnet SrLt: ::wild applause::
EnsBridgetHowell
: ::claps::
EnsMidorikawa
: ::claps::
Lt Mirrie Dunton: I'll miss you all and wish you the best for the future ...
LtSG F Wilkinson: ::applauds::
CaptKylePierce
: ::stands and claps::
SamDonnerjack: ::claps::
Ame Suisei: ::claps a whole lot::
Caden Armstrong: :::claps in a circle::::
Lt Mirrie Dunton: Thank you for having me aboard... I've enjoyed my tenure
LtSG F Wilkinson: Yes, she will.
Dr MG Armstrong
: ::wonders who is going to play the part of Biobed Two...::
EnsBridgetHowell: ::claps tons::
LtCdrAHausmann
: ::pops Pierce on the butt:: Good show, old man.
LtSG F Wilkinson: be missed
Lt Mirrie Dunton
: ((Frankie...does a bang up job of it from time to time ))
CaptKylePierce: Calm seas, Mirrie. ::nods::
Lt Mirrie Dunton: :: smiles ::
CaptKylePierce: I have no other announcements for tonight. We will reconvene next week with some roster changes and awards.
CaptKylePierce: I look forward to seeing you all in logs. Commander, if you would for the last time ... 'release them to whatever sanity they came from'? ?
Lt Mirrie Dunton: :: nods :: Thank you everyone for being here... have a great week!
LtCdrAHausmann: Moo> ::peeks out of Mirrie's suitcase and grins::
Lt Mirrie Dunton: CREW DISMISSED!!!
SamDonnerjack has left the room.
LtCdrAHausmann has left the room.
Opal Garnet SrLt: ::grabs her cookie out of thin air and leaves:: Night!
EnsMidorikawa
has left the room.
Lt Mirrie Dunton: :: hugs Moo ::
Lt Mirrie Dunton has left the room.
CaptKylePierce: Oh! Sorry Opal!
Opal Garnet SrLt has left the room.
CaptKylePierce: ::tosses her a box::
Caden Armstrong has left the room.
LtCdr K Hausmann has left the room.
Dr MG Armstrong has left the room.
CaptKylePierce: Good job, Geli. :-)
EnsBridgetHowell: Thanks.
EnsBridgetHowell
: Ciao everyone! See you all next week!!
EnsBridgetHowell
: it was super fun!
EnsBridgetHowell
: :-)