[ussgeorgetown] Interested Parties by Tawa Pax, Nan Ecitsuj, & Jassa Kost

  • From: TKilyle@xxxxxxx
  • To: ussgeorgetown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 05:17:33 EDT

Tawa's next step after talking to  Lieutenant McKay was to interview Jassa
Kost.  According to the computer, she was  scheduled for duty and, sure enough,
there she was, talking to Chief  Ecitsuj.
~~~~~~~
Before Jassa left for duty, she'd  given Vincent a hug and a sweet kiss.  I
can still smell him, still taste  him.  She wasn't afraid that  Elspeth would
confront her on the short trip from her quarters to the main  transporter
control area.  Nevertheless, she was glad to see the chief greet her with his
usual
 friendly smile.
"You certainly look like you're  in a good mood, Chief," she began.
"That is because I am in a good mood, Jassa.  I had a good tour and
Lieutenant McKay  has yet to set 5 of 12 on me for giving them food poisoning,"
Nan
said  brightly.  He stood up from behind  the desk, putting his full weight on
the left leg.  "And the leg feels better today, thanks  to my lovely
lieutenant."
Vincent is right.  They are beautiful together.  He's so happy.  I hate to
foul his good mood.  "Chief, you know that business we were  talking about the
other day?"
Nan's bright expression darkened  slightly and, as he crossed his arms over
his chest, he said, "Alright,Jassa,  what happened?"  She told him  everything,
except for what Elspeth said about her to Vincent, then finally  stopped, a
bit breathless from the retelling and anger.  Nan's eyes were narrowed.
"Jassa, I am going to ask you this just  once: did he ever lay a hand on you?"
"No!" Jassa cried.  "Not at all.  Vincent is just a wreck over this,  Chief."
"I didn't think he ever did,  Jassa, but I had to ask.  What  exactly
did...oh, look, we have company from Security.  Good afternoon, Mr. Pax, what
can I
do  for you?"
Tawa drew himself up to an easy  stance and nodded.  "Chief, I need  to talk
to Ms. Kost and I'd prefer not to wait."
"That's up to her, Ensign.  Jassa, do you want me to leave?"
"No, Chief, I, ah,would rather  you stay if that's alright," Jassa said
softly.  I  trust you, Chief.  It's  okay.  "Can we do this in the  office,
though?"
At Nan's insistence, Jassa sat  behind the desk.  He perched himself  on the
edge of the desk while Tawa took the chair across from Jassa.
"Ms. Kost, I have some questions  for you," he began.  "Earlier you  said
that Mrs. Aigremont was stirring up all kinds of problems before  today.  Could
you tell me about  that?"
"She'd locked Vincent out of  their quarters before we ever even met," she
began.  "After she found out that he was staying  with me, she came to the
cabin
and said I'd never have him.  Called  me a silly girl and said he'd get tired
 of me.  She got this close to my  face."  She held up her thumb and
forefinger.
"Why did she lock him out?" Tawa  asked.  It wasn't a question of  gossip.
He thought of that as a  waste of time but it was obviously pertinent to the
investigation.  I  suppose that would explain how he looked in the mess hall
that day.  And making conversation with T'Pern and  Uncle...
Nan snorted in disgust.  "The sergeant major happened to show his  support
for my relationship with Lieutenant McKay.  The lieutenant tells me that Mrs.
Aigremont quit the Academy rather than face the consequences of having a
relationship with an NCO.  She gave  us both a piece of her very small mind
then
took it to Mr. Renaldi.  Mrs. Aigremont kicked him out after Mr.  Renaldi and
the captain sponsored me for Officer Candidate School."
Jassa nodded vigorously then  added, "After she left my cabin, she went to
the arboretum and destroyed his  roses.  She poisoned the soil then  left the
hacked up remains on her desk in the library.  She also completely destroyed
his
wine  collection...smashed the bottles all over his office..."
"Nobody ever informed Security  about any of that," Tawa said, his finely
slanted brows drawing together in a  frown.
"Vincent didn't want to," Jassa  explained.  "I think he must have  thought
he could reason with her."
Tawa's soft snort said he doubted  that  was possible.  He added more to his
copious notes and,  when he was done, he looked up at Jassa.  "Now, about this
last incident..."
"Vincent has never hurt me!"  Jassa snapped, her blue eyes blazing.  "That
crazy woman provoked him.  She called me..."
"What did she say, Ms. Kost?"  Tawa pressed gently.
Looking down at her hands, Jassa  spoke in a toneless voice.  "She  called me
a whore.  She asked him  whether I let him fuck me on my back or if I
dominate him from the top."
Tawa winced at the harshness of  the words.  He hadn't forgotten that  he and
Butler fought because of the other's remarks about Dove.
"She said what?!"
Tawa and Jassa both stared at the  Ninitchik.  Such an angry outburst  was
completely out of character for him.  Tawa fixed his eyes on Nan's and shook
his
head.
"Settle down, Chief.  There's enough going on here," he said  as mildly as he
could.  Once it  appeared that Nan was not about to immediately throttle
Elspeth, Tawa looked  back at Jassa.  "Was there anything  else, ma'am?"
Jassa shook her head.  Her cheeks were flushed with a mixture  of anger and
embarrassment but she refused to cry.  She looked up front her hands and at
Tawa.  What vivid eyes he has.  "That's it.  You know, I'm not just saying all
of  this to defend him.  He's a good,  sweet man.  I don't submit to his  will
like a slave and I'm not afraid of him.  Ask Dr. Kaartaren.  He could tell you
that I'm telling the  truth."
Tawa hmmphed softly.  That was probably true.  Aside from being a good guy, I
know  people keep saying how good he is at his job. Polygraphs would only
tell whether  a person was telling the truth as they believed it.  There'd be
no
mistake with the doc.
"I'll keep that in mind, ma'am."  He stood to leave, offering them both a
respectful nod.  "I think I'm through here for now.  I'll let you know if I
need
anything  else.  Thanks for your  cooperation."
Nan and Jassa were quiet for a  while but Nan eventually did get up.  Jassa
was happy to see that his usually pleasant demeanor was back even  if he was
grumbling.  "If that woman  wasn't old enough to be my mother..."
"Please don't do anything,  Chief," Jassa began.
"Not to worry, Jassa.  I'm just musing over what to put in the  Story," he
said with a somewhat devilish grin.  "Are you going to be alright here on
duty?"
"I'm fine, Chief.  Really."  Jassa, give him the PADD.  You've been holding
it since you walked  in.  "Here, Chief, we finished  that shield work."
If it were possible, Nan's smile  became even brighter.  "Jassa, that  is
just perfect.  If you speak to  the sergeant major before I do, please give him
my thanks for the help.  I'll be telling Lieutenant McKay,  too.  If it all
checks out, I'm sure  Security will be pleased as well."  She's a tough one to
please, that  Lieutenant T'Leara, but I think having a way through or around
the
G'Tal shields  might come close.
After she was finally alone in  the office, Jassa let out a breath she didn't
realize that she'd been  holding.  It finally allowed her a  moment to think
more pleasant thoughts.  Jassa, you are a silly  romantic.  No cup of coffee
is going  to make you feel like he's holding you.  Yet, as she finally sat down
to log on, the aroma from the cup at her  elbow made her smile.