[ussgeorgetown] "Differences In Opinon"

  • From: LtCmdrSydMorgan@xxxxxxx
  • To: ussgeorgetown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 20:38:00 EDT

"Differences In Opinion"
Vivie and Alex Lazzara-Henderson & Tawny  Lazzara

Having just finished her first session with Revaed, also known as the
bastard, ass hole and any numerous other names, Alex made it back to their  q
uarter's. As she walked in she left a trail of clothes all the way to the
shower.
She was tired, sweaty, and frustrated. She just wanted to take a hot  shower
and
let the water relax her extremely tight muscles. As she stood under  the
water all she could think about was how much of a jerk he was. No compassion
what
so ever. And to think I have to go back...

"You can't be.  serious, Vivi!" Tawny protested as she followed her sister
into her cabin. "A  baby? Why in the name of all that is holy would you want to
go and do that? If  you have a kid with her your stuck with her!"

Vivie turned sharply on her heel and looked harshly at her little sister.
"T! Would you please stop with the anti-Alex bullshit! She's my wife, I love
her, DEAL with it!"

Tawny shook her head while she threw up her hands. "She's not right for  you
Viv! Come on, can't you see it? Having a baby is so not the thing to do! You
can't do this!"

"You don't have a say in this, T." Vivie replied, her voice leveling off.

Finally relaxing a little, Alex stepped out of the shower and was drying  off
when she heard voices in the other room. She recognized Vivie's and from
what she had heard of the conversation, she gathered the other was Tawny. She
really didn't want to go into the other room, especially after hearing some
of T's comment's. She knew Bobbie and Bailey would be happy, but she didn't
expect this reaction. Not sure what to do, she took her time drying off and
changing. She was in no mood to deal with T, especially after her PT session
with the man from hell.

"But Viv!" Tawny hissed.

Vivie slipped  off her uniform jacket and pulled her turtle neck up over head
while she moved  around the room. "There's no buts here, T." She replied.
"Alex and I are going  to have a baby. End of story. Don't you want to be an
Aunt? Don't you want me to  be happy, T?"
Tawny flopped down on the couch next to her sister while Vivie took off her
boots. "Of course I do! But your not gonna be happy, Viv! Your gonna end up
hurt  and forever tied to her cause of this kid."

Vivie sighed. "I'm going to be tied to her forever cause I love her,  T."
Tawny growled something in an odd mix of French and Creole.
Vivie reached  over and hit her sister hard on the leg. "Stop that!"

Having finally  changing into a pair of sweats, Alex contemplated just
walking out of their  quarter's. leaving the two sister's to do whatever
sister's
do. Unfortunately  she knew the minute she walked out, there would be no
escape.
Taking a deep  breath, Alex walked out into the main room. She walked up to
Vivie and gave her  a kiss, then turned and replied, "Hello Tawny."
Tawny sat back against the couch. "Hello."

Vivie sighed as she looked up at Alex. "How was your session, babe?"

Sitting in the chair opposite the couch she could feel T's eye's boring
holes in her chest. "It was...okay, I suppose. I agreed to go back, although I
may change my mind. How was your day?"

"T'Leara is acting oddly, Cali's  out, so Tawa and I were short handed but
thankfully things are settling." She  replied as she got up to get the soda
Alex
always had after work.

Tawny watched as her sister got up and waited on Alex and her cheeks
colored. "What the hell was that?" She asked when Vivie sat on the arm of
Alex's
chair.
Vivie sighed. "Don't start, T."
Turning to Alex, Tawny asked, "Your bum leg to bad to get shit yourself?"
"Tawny!" Vivie scolded. "Enough! Now!"

Between the treatment she had  received earlier and now from Tawny, Alex was
ready to explode. "I think I will  just leave the two of you alone to talk,
before I do something or say something  I will regret later." Standing up, Alex
leaned down gave Vivie another kiss  then headed toward the door.

Vivie sighed as she got to her feet. "This  is utter bullshit! Why can't the
two of you like each other? What the hell do  you want me to do? Split myself
in half and give you each a part?"

Alex  stopped at looked at Vivie. "You know that is not what I want. I am
sorry if you  feel that way. It is painfully obvious, at least to me, how your
sister feels  about me. I heard the comment's she made earlier and yet I still
came out  here and tried to be polite. I am trying, but I also am not going
to be the  cause of a family feud. If Tawny doesn't want me around then that is
fine. I  will be sure to not be here when she comes over." Alex hesitated
before speaking  again. "Tawny, whether you like it or not, I love Vivie and
that
is not going to  change. I am sorry you think I am not good enough for her,
but that is your  opinion not hers. You are her sister therefore you will be
welcome in our home,  however I would expect that you treat me with more
respect
and I will attempt to  do the same for you. I will not have you coming
between Vivie and I. I would do  anything for her and she knows that. Now, if
you
can't accept me then I am truly  sorry, because I am not going anywhere."

"Whatever." Tawny replied as she  got up. She looked over at Vivie and
sighed. "I hope you come to your senses  before it's to late, Viv." She walked
over
and hugged her sister and then walked  past Alex and out the door.

Vivie watched as her sister left and then fell into the chair with a loud
groan.

Alex walked over to the chair and stood in front of Vivie. She  reached out
for Vivie's hands and pulled her out of the chair and into a tight  hug. "I am
so sorry honey. I guess I am not good with words or at expressing  myself. I
do not want to come between you and your sister." Alex stood there  holding
Vivie not knowing what else to say or do.

"She's being  impossible, Alex, this isn't your fault." Vivie snuggled into
Alex's arms and  sighed. "She's gonna keep pushing me and one of these days I'm
just gonna.."  Vivie growled lightly.

"You're gonna what? Talk to me  please?"

Vivie sighed and then laughed. "It's just that when she gets  like this my
mothers wouldn't think twice about setting her straight even if it  meant she
wouldn't be able to sit for a week."

"Somehow I don't think  that would go over to well here. Not that I'm not
tempted to try it. Would it  help if you called your mother's and talk to them,
maybe tell them about what we  are planning."

"Maybe." Vivie replied. "I'll call them in them tomorrow.  Right now I just
want you to hold me before I start dinner." Vivie thought about  Tawny's
reactions and sighed. "Ya know I haven't done anything that Mama doesn't  do
for Mum
or visa versa."

Alex led Vivie to the couch, where they sat  and Alex held Vivie in her arms.
She laid her head against her chest and brushed  her long hair away from her
face. "What do you mean you haven't done anything  that your mother's don't
do?"

"T acted as if I'd done something evil by  getting your soda for you." Vivie
replied. "Mama gets Mum's tea every morning  for her, and ever night after her
run Mum bring Mama a bottle of lemon water."
"You didn't do anything wrong. You were just being you, which is what I love
about you. T is just jealous because I took you away from her. I suppose I
can't  blame her, that doesn't mean I approve of her behavior, but I suppose I
can  understand it. I wouldn't want anyone to come between us. That is what she
 thinks I have done, come between the two of you." Alex kissed the top of
Vivie's  head and held her tight.

Vivie groaned. "T thinks you've taken me away,  you think the baby will take
me away. I need to clone myself."

"I know  the baby isn't going to take you away from me. I just have to get
used to the  idea of sharing you with someone. I love you and I will love
anything that we  have made together. I'm not going anywhere. The only thing
that
you
have to  worry about is making sure that you are healthy and able to carry
this child.  Our child. It will be a part of you and me, how can I let
something
that special  take you away from me?"
There were tears in Vivie's eyes when she suddenly sat up and threw her arms
around Alex's neck. "You know just the right things to say to me." She said
against Alex's ear.

Wiping the tears from Vivie's face, Alex looked at  her, "I am only telling
you the truth. I will never lie to you about how I feel.  You are my life and
together we will make a new life. Now, that is something  special." Alex picked
up her wife and carried her into the bedroom closing  the door behind them.
Dinner could wait.