[ussgeorgetown] "Communication" Ensign Ari LaRue and Lt. Shibohan Nicols

  • From: LtCmdrSydMorgan@xxxxxxx
  • To: ussgeorgetown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 01:05:37 EDT

"Communication"
Ensign Ari LaRue and Lt. Siobhan Nicols

Von waited until they were all the way back to their quarters before  turning
to Ari.

"Okay. We have to talk. To set ground rules, and you have to take this
seriously, okay? I mean it." she insisted, stamping her foot.

Ari looked at Von with a look of confusion, surprise, she wasn't sure what
was going on. One minute she was in the mess hall with some little kid checking
 out her hand and the next she was being hauled away by Von.

"I can tell you are serious and I am listening."

Von nodded and drew a breath. "I love you very much and I'm willing to
accept, if I have to, that what you do is very important and that even if I
come
first in your heart, your job has to be your priority on this ship. Your  job
is important. I know. So is mine, though. I need you to give me that. Okay.
That's rule one."

Ari was listening to Von as she proceeded to list off rules. "I love you as
well, and you do come first and foremost in my heart. I never said your job
wasn't just as important as mine. I don't understand where that is coming from
or why you think that I would think that?"

"You could barely give me ten minutes with other medical professionals  there
on site when I wanted your attention...the Vulcan nurse was right there in
the room with sleeping beauty there...but I'm supposed to take off a whole day
in the middle of a crisis just because you want mine? What do you think that
tells me?"

"I  suppose I thought it would show you that I wanted to spend time with you.
It may  not have been done in the best possible way, but I missed you and
wanted to be  with you. I'm sorry if it came across as something else."

"I wanted to spend time with you, too, why do you think I went to the
trouble of dressing up and making dinner and...all those candles," Von's voice
trailed off. Ari wasn't getting her point, she didn't think, and she wasn't
sure
if she was being intentionally obtuse or if she really just didn't see what
she  meant.

"And I came home late and proceeded to fall asleep on you. I did not intend
for that to happen. I understand what you are saying, I really do. I never
meant  to hurt you or make you feel like you weren't as important. I have no
excuse  other than I was exhausted. I suppose I could say I felt rejected in
away,
my  own fault, by falling asleep. And I am not being obtuse or not trying to
see  what you are saying."

"Rule two, none of that," Von interrupted. "Its not fair. My thoughts are
mine alone unless I say you can peek. It's not like I have the option of just
looking whenever I want to at yours in return, so be fair here."

"Okay, Okay. I will make sure to keep out of your head, but I have to admit
that it is hard when you are projecting your feelings so....loudly. You don't
need to yell at me to make me listen to you.".

"I'm human, Ari. Human's project, whether they mean to or not and I know  you
know that. I can't help that. But that doesn't mean you get to throw my
thoughts back at me, okay?"

"Okay, I will keep out of your head and won't throw any thing back at you,
in return you can't throw things back at me either."

"How can I throw your thoughts at you? I can't hear them, that was the
point," She looked at Ari, confused. "You can't throw my thoughts at me,
because
you're not supposed to be listening to them. I can't throw yours at you because
 I can't hear them. See the difference?"

Ari was getting a little frustrated. "I didn't mean that you could throw my
thoughts back at me.I meant that you couldn't bring up something that may have
 happened in the past and throw it in my face. I understand the difference in
 what you are saying, but do you understand what I am saying?"

"Fine, fair enough, as long as we don't have double standards I'm supposed
to just roll with. You can't expect me to accept things from you then ask the
opposite of me. To respect you and your position and not give me the same in
return, or not to say so when I feel like I'm being treated wrong.  Okay?"

"As long as we keep the lines of communication open and  agree to discuss
things when they happen and not stew over them, until one of us  goes
ballistic.
We treat each other fairly and equally. Okay?"

"Deal," Von agreed, throwing her arms around Ari's neck. "But only if you
kiss me right this minute."

"I think that can be arranged." Ari pulled  Von closer, pressing her lips
against Von's softly then harder and deeper, with  a passion that needed to be
fulfilled.

"mmm, " Von moaned as she pressed her body to Ari's own, needing to feel  her
warmth against her. "How about we go...cement the deal..." she said, leading
her into the bedroom, and closing the door behind them.