<USS Eagle> T' Kil - "Call to Earth"

  • From: Lukas <CaptFyrstk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: CaptJPArcher@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 13:14:00 -0400

OFF

Eagle crew, this takes place after our currrent mission with the Breen

ON

Lukas was in his ready rom when Lt. Haas informed him he had a priority message from Admiral Ross coming in.  Lukas acknowledged the message from his OPS officer and activated the virtual computer screen which slid up from it's hidden compartment on his desktop. He could feel a "drop" in the pit of his stomach.  He'd never had any real contact with Ross before.  Even during his role, with the original Eagle, in the Dominion War, his primary contact was always Ben Sisko.  As the image of the Starfleet admiral appeared, Lukas offered him a forced smile.

"Admiral Ross?  To what do Ah owe the pleasure of your call?"

"I wish this was a more pleasurable call, Lukas,"  replied the admiral.  Lukas raised an eyebrow at Ross's use of his first name.  "I am calling in reference to your communique with Kayla Zen."

"Admiral, Ah know there is something brewing and..."

"That's exactly why I am calling you, " Ross said interrupting Lukas.  He tried to offer a reassuring smile to let Lukas know that he was not calling to give him flack.  "We're arranging a meeting at the ranch of Jackson Archer, and we want you there.  How soon can you get back to Earth?"

"Ah cain be back on Earth in three days, sir," Lukas told him.  Gwen was back on the ship and things were quiet in the Spaculaan Sector so He could take the Eagle's Wing and attend the meeting.

"Excellent," Ross replied.  "We will be meeting at the Laramie Heliport. We will have to go up to the ranch by ground car due to enviromental restrictions in the Rockies."

"
Acknowledged, Admiral.  Ah'll see you in three days."

As the Federation logo took the place of the image of Admiral Ross, Lukas started things in motion for the trip to Earth.  He informed Lt. Commander Marqusa of his absence from the ship.  Then he put a message through to the Pathfinder to let his wife know his trip to visit them would be delayed.  He then made his plans for the trip.  Time in the Rockies would mean a heavier uniform.  Lukas was always more comfortable in warmer climates.  He knew the Rockies could be rather cool even during summer months.  He wasn't looking forward to that.

OFF
Commodore Lukas Fyrstk
Commanding Officer
USS Eagle