<USS Eagle> Sim Recap/log 100303

  • From: Lukas <commolukasfyrstk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: usseagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 11:16:31 -0500

SIM NOTES
    Once again, I was a little slow getting this out.  Sorry about that.

SIM RECAP
"The Montave Situation"
Officers present: Commodore Fyrstk, Commanders Marqusa & Haas, Lt. Commander Vanik, Dr. (Lt) Compton, Dr. (Ltjg) Fenway, Ensign Banning
NPC: Ambassador Antov
Stardate: supplemental

    Ambassador Antov explains why the Eagle has been called to the system.  Apparently the Montave, the indigenous species to Syonis, have suddenly come down with a serious, plague-threatening illness.  All in the conference get the feeling there is something the ambassador is not telling them.

SIM LOG

21:00 CommoFyrstk =/\= ATTENTION ON DECK =/\=
21:00 Dr_Compton ;;AA;;
21:00
--- EnsBanning is back
21:00 EnsBanning ::AA::
21:01 Cmdr_Haas ::AA::
21:01 LtCmdrVanik ::AA::
21:01 DrFenway ::AA::
21:01
*** Cmdr_Marqusa joined #usseagle
21:01 CommoFyrstk Captan's Log, stardate supplemental
21:03 CommoFyrstk We are currently at Deep Space 15. We are meeting with Ambassador Antov, with regards to a planet that is loceted insahde the Synolis System badlands.
21:03 CommoFyrstk ==== BEGIN ====
21:04 CommoFyrstk CO> So, whah do you need the Eagle?
21:06 Cmdr_Marqusa xo> :: in the conference room, looking at Ambassador Antov::
21:06 Bot Antov> Because the Montavo, the race on Syonis are sick. They need medication, and a lot of it. The Intrepid-class ship was designed for maneuvering in areas like this, and you can carry larger payloads than we can with our shuttles.
21:07 Dr_Compton What type of illmess are they experiencing Ambassador?
21:07 CommoFyrstk CO> ::Nods. Glances around the table to see if any of his officers have questions.::
21:08 EnsBanning SCI> You say this is a Class M planet, Ambassafor?
21:09 Bot Antov> Indeed I do, my boy. As hard as it is to believe, it does exist. And the people there are ... for the most part... warm and welcoming of strangers.
21:10 EnsBanning SCI> What type of civilization is this? What kind of technology?
21:10 Dr_Compton ((did my question show up?))
21:11 CommoFyrstk ((Yes, it did, my apologies, Doc))
21:11 Dr_Compton ((np I only see myself and Vanik as being in the room))
21:12 Cmdr_Marqusa ((that's not good :( ))
21:12 Bot Antov> ::looks to Dr. Compton:: Well, we really don't know. We just know they have succumbed to some sort of illness, which incapacitates most of their villages.
21:12 CommoFyrstk ((Yeah, that isn't very good.))
21:13 Dr_Compton CMO> [Antov] I should consult with DS 15's medical staff as immediately as possible
21:14 Bot Antov> No need, Doctor. The staff aboard the space station have not ... been to the planet, yet.
21:14 CommoFyrstk CO> ::raises a brow:: Whah not?
21:14 Dr_Compton CMO> ::looks confused::
21:15 Cmdr_Marqusa xo> ::frowns:: That does not seem wise. If this is a medical emergency, they should have been informed first.
21:15 Bot Antov> They don't currently have a doctor aboard the station. Only nurses and medics.
21:16 Cmdr_Marqusa xo> Nurses and Medics can do things too.
21:16 Bot Antov> in fact it was Captain Stemme who called Starfleet about it.
21:16 Dr_Compton CMO> [Antov] Who can give me a briefing on the symptomology of this illness and information on the physiology of the Montavo?
21:18 Bot Antov> :: looks a bit sheepish, then to Banning. Tossing him a data chip:: Can you bring up the file on the Montave?
21:20 EnsBanning SCI> :: plugs the chip into the table console. A holographic image of a greenish-blue skinned male, dressed in a knee-length loin cloth, log pointed ears, and a long tail appears above the table.::
21:21 Bot Antov> The Montave. Humanoid in appearance. We haven't had a chance to openly scan them, because we were still gaining their trust.
21:22 Bot Antov> It started in the village we were observing. Villagers started getting ill, and becoming very weak. More and more villagers started coming down with the same symptons.
21:22 Cmdr_Marqusa xo> how are they going to deal with a ship like the Eagle showing up then?
21:23 Dr_Compton CMO> [Antov] Is it possible that your people transmitted a contagion to the Montave?
21:23 Bot Antov> [XO] Well, they won't see the Eagle, in orbit. And we can land the shuttles away from their villages.
21:23 CommoFyrstk CO> Shuttles? You can't transport down?
21:24 Bot Antov> [CO] No, sir. The atmosphere will not allow it.
21:24 CommoFyrstk CO> :: raises a brow, not liking the sound of this mission::
21:25 Cmdr_Marqusa xo> :: not sure how much she liking the sound of this::
21:25 CommoFyrstk CO> :: looks around the table:: Thoughts people?
21:26 Cmdr_Marqusa xo> :: looks at the Captain, indicating she's not happy with what's been said so far:: How many people are we talking about?
21:26 Dr_Compton CMO> [CO] Without more information it's hard to even speculate what might be wrong with them sir. My worst fear is that we've introduced a foriegn contagion to these people. ::to Antov:: Have any of your people become ill?
21:27 Bot Antov> [CMO] No. My people have all remained healthy.
21:28 Cmdr_Haas CENG> Do we have much choice? We should help them, right?
21:28 Cmdr_Marqusa xo> has it spread to any other villages besides the ones you've visited?
21:28 Bot Antov> [XO] ::frowns:: It appears so.
21:28 Dr_Compton CMO> [CO] How should we proceed in regards to the Prime Directive?
21:30 Cmdr_Marqusa xo >+[ cmo ]+ I believe that hte prime directive doesn't apply if we caused the illness
21:30 CommoFyrstk CO> [CMO] If, as you speculated, Doctor, we have inadvertently plaqued these people, then we should just as inadvertently cure them.
21:31 Bot Antov> :: looking offended:: We followed all first contact protocols! How can you think it was us?
21:31 Dr_Compton CMO> [CO] Of course.
21:32 Cmdr_Marqusa xo >+[ antov ]+ first contact procedures aren't foolproof
21:32 CommoFyrstk CO >[ All ] Let's not get into any debate without proper knowledge. Ambassador, you can supplah us with the coordintes?
21:33 Dr_Compton CMO> [Antov] Even the best plans can go awry sir.
21:33 Bot Antov> :: ignores Gwen's comment:: Of course, Commodore. The coordinates are in the chip I gave your science officer.
21:34 CommoFyrstk CO >[ Antov ] Have your people beamed aboard the ship. [CMO] Doctor, Ah want a full workup on the Ambassador's staff.
21:34 Bot Antov> :: about to protest at Lukas suddenly giving orders:: My staff?
21:35 Dr_Compton CMO> [Antov] You said earlier that for the most part they were warm and welcoming. In what case were they not so?
21:36 Dr_Compton CMO> [CO] Yes sir. ::to Antov:: In case they have acquired some illness but are not yet showing symptoms of course sir.
21:36 Bot Antov> Well, they did have their mistrust of us because of the way we were dressed. And then by the equipment we carried.
21:37 Bot Antov> the only way we could communicate was.... well by being primitive.
21:38 Dr_Compton CMO> ::looks at Fyrstk curiously:: ::to Antov:: [Antov] I see, has that changed or is it still necessary to be...primitive?
21:40 Bot Antov> Oh... you still need a degree of primitiveness. Like I said, they don't mind the strangers, just... technology frightens them and then they are mistructing.
21:40 Bot (*mistrusting)
21:41 Cmdr_Marqusa xo>[antov] I'm curious, Why were you making first contact with a primitive race?
21:42 Bot Antov> :: blushes:: Yes. I knew that question would come up.
21:43 Cmdr_Marqusa xo >+[ antov ]+ Yes, it is logical to assume it would
21:43 Bot Antov> We were originally there to simply study them. I mean, this Class M planet in the middle of the badlands, it just HAD to be studied.
21:44 Cmdr_Marqusa xo >+[ antov ]+ ::nods:: I can understand that. Study is one thing, having direct contact with the primative race is another
21:45 Bot Antov> What we didn't count on was them coming across us. Which they did. We had our encampment set up, holographic camoflage, and all, and it was like that wasn't even there. A couple of their clansmen came right into our encampment, arrows drawn ready for battle.
21:46 Cmdr_Marqusa xo> [antov] how is that possible?
21:46 Cmdr_Haas CENG> They saw through the hologram?
21:48 Bot Antov> ::looks to Gwen with a shrug, then to Rommie:: I wish I knew, Commander. We thought we we completely cammo'ed, and they just walked right up to us.
21:49 EnsBanning SCI> :: perhaps they have psionic abilities. They could read your thougts, hone in on your location, maybe?
21:50 Dr_Compton CMO> ::nods:: I wondered the same thing.
21:50 Bot Antov> That is a possibility, young man. We do not have any telepaths on our team.
21:50 Cmdr_Marqusa xo> I should be able to tell you
21:51 CommoFyrstk CO> Alrahght. Ah think we know what we need to do. Ambassador, as soon as your team is aboard, we'll get underway.
21:52 Dr_Compton [CO] I'd like to prepare to recieve the Ambassador's people sir. ::to Antov:: [Antov] You can be first sir.
21:52 CommoFyrstk CO >[ CENG ] Rommie, you can rig the ship for the badlands envahronment?
21:53 Cmdr_Haas CENG >[ CO ] Absolutely, sir. I'll get right on it.
21:53 CommoFyrstk CO >[ CMO ] Of course, Doctor. You are dismissed.
21:53 Dr_Compton CMO> ::stands, smiling at the Ambassador:: [Antov] Do you like coffee Mr Antov?
21:54 CommoFyrstk CO >[ SCI ] Mr, Banning, Ah want a full report on any data on that chip, BEFORE we arrahve at Sahonis.
21:54 Cmdr_Marqusa xo> ::stands::
21:55 Bot Antov> :: smiles to Daisy:: Why yes, I do, Doctor.
21:55 EnsBanning SCI >[ CO ] Aye, sir. ::removes the chip from the table and rises::
21:55 Dr_Compton CMO> [Antov] Then you're in for a treat. ::offers him her arm:: I have the replicator in sickbay programmed with a special blend of New Orleans Coffee and Chicory.....
21:56 Dr_Compton ((Southern Hospitality, the original diplomacy lol))
21:56 Bot Antov> ::takes her arm:: Sounds absolutely fabulous.
21:57 CommoFyrstk CO> ::raises an eyebrow, watching the doctor and ambassador leave::
21:57 Cmdr_Marqusa xo> ::watches the Ambassador leave, then turns and looks at the captain::
21:57 Cmdr_Haas CENG> :: rises to follow the CMO out::
21:58 CommoFyrstk CO> :: looks to his XO:: Speak, Commander.
21:58 EnsBanning SCI> ::follows everyone else out:::
21:59 Dr_Compton CMO> ::leads the Ambassador to the TL:: Sickbay please. [Antov] Might I ask you how long it was before you noticed the natives becoming ill?
21:59 Cmdr_Haas CENG> :: exits the ready room, heads to the engineering console on the bridge::
21:59 Cmdr_Marqusa xo> I'm just a little concerned about this Captain
22:00 Bot Antov> [CMO] We had been studying them for over two weeks. Once we set our technology aside, and went out, they were more open to us, and allowed us to observe some of their rituals.
22:00 Dr_Compton CMO> ::enters sickbay:: [Antov] No need to get on the biobed. I'll examine you in my office, please go in and have a seat. I'll be in shortly. Help yourself to the replicator. I recommend you ask for cafe au lait. ::smiles brightly::
22:01 CommoFyrstk CO >[ XO ] Ah am as well, but Ah'd lahke to hear your concerns, Gwen
22:02 CommoFyrstk ((test))
22:02 Cmdr_Marqusa xo> There are a lot of unanswered questions. Like why didn't the Ambassador even talk to the medical personnel on the station? I know he said that it was because there weren't any doctors, but, if he was truely concerned, they could get things started earlier then waiting for us
22:02 Bot Antov> :: smiles and does as Compton suggested. He orders the coffee and sits to wait for her::
22:02 Dr_Compton CMO> [Antov] That will help me pin down what could be troubling them....I'll be right in. ::watche him go into her office then goes to advise the staff to expect the Ambassador's people::
22:03 Cmdr_Marqusa (pass)
22:04 CommoFyrstk CO >[ XO ] Ah intend to talk to Captain Stemme about that before we depart.
22:04 CommoFyrstk =/\= Pause Sim =/\=