[ussconcordia] (Lt. Cmdr. Ian U. Madiba) mess hall, morning

  • From: Volkmar Wieland <volkmar.wieland@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ussconcordia@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 12:06:42 +0200

[affects: D'Tanion, Taiv]

> Taiv was stunned by the sudden change in the conversations direction

 and D'Tanion leaving the table. He had not even the time to say that he
> actually had met the chief engineer before which was highly predictable
> even for a vulcan mind as Engineering and OPS had to closely work
> together for an operational ship as Concordia would be when she leaves
> the dock.
>
> He sighed silently but followed the commander to the other table. This
> was nothing, just cultural differences...
>
> "Commander Madiba, do you mind if we join for breakfast?"

Lt. Ian U. Madiba
--- mess hall, morning

He was just taking the first sip of his tea when two men approached Ian.
One was a Vulcan wearing the same golden uniform as he does and the other
one was a Romulan.
As though he wanted to take a quiet break for himself, Ian also wanted to
get familiar with the crew.
The Vulcan wore the rank insignia of a Lt. Cmdr. So he must be D'Tanion,
the tactical officer, Ian thought.
However, he was not yet familiar with the Romulan rank insignia, but it
looked like this particular Romulan was also one of the senior officers.
So, this could be Taiv from OPS.

"Not at all, gentlemen", Ian replied and offered both of them a chair but
not his hand, since he knew that the human custom to shake hands was used
neither on Vulcan nor on Romulus.
"It's always good if the senior officers get to know each other before the
ship launches. You must be Cmdr D'Tanion", he said to the Vulcan. "And you
must be Taiv", he added to the Romulan. "Please pardon my unfamiliarity
with your rank insignia. Are you Centurion?"

[continue: Taiv, D'Tanion]

NRPG: I do not really like all this off-canon stuff regarding the Romulans.
You don't mind if I stick to the canon information.
By the way, Memory Alpha says that the Romulan rank of Centurion is equal
to the Starfleet rank of Lieutenant Commander.