[ussbansheec] Time Jump

  • From: Rhi <bansheec@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ussbansheec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 18:55:56 -0500

"Time Jump"

The ship shook slightly from the stain of the tractor beam as it held tightly to the shuttle trying to escape it’s grasp. Grace sat in her chair and watched through the view screen as her ship and the shuttle pulled at each other in a massive game of tug-of-war.

“Captain,” One of the bridge crew called out. “I’m picking up a massive power surge coming from the shuttle.”

“The energy reading is temporal.” Someone else called out.

“Target their power supply.” Grace ordered. “Don’t damage the wormhole device but don’t let them open….”

Before she could finished a flash of light flooded the bridge through the view screen. Once the spots cleared in her vision, Grace watched as a wormhole swirled into existence in front of the shuttle. Then she felt the hard tug.

“Captain we’re being pulled in!”

“Full reverse!” Grace ordered. “Don’t let that shuttle of this ship get sucked in!”

What if home was on the side? But what if it wasn’t? Grace couldn’t take any more chances. She wanted that device and she wanted her people in control of it.

“It’s no use, Captain.” Some called out. “The force it to strong. We’re going through.”

“Attention all hands!” Grace yelled out. “Brace for impact!”

It was like one of those light show tunnel rides at the theme parks her mothers use to her and Johnny too. The dizzying speed of passing lights, the rush of air in her ears, the hard tug at her stomach. Then everything suddenly stopped. The bright colors and lights of the wormhole were quickly replaced by the darkness of space and the distance twinkle of stars.

“Captain, the shuttle’s power is out.”

“Get that goddamned thing into a shuttle bay!” Grace ordered. “Security greet our guests them get them into a brig! Report!”

She  listened to status of the ship and crew as she rose from her chair and walked towards the view screen. It looked the same, space no matter where or when always looked the same, so had they actually gone anywhere? “Where are we?”

Several seconds passed before someone replied, “Sectors say we’re in the same sector of space we were in five minutes ago.”

“So it was all a pretty light show?” Grace asked as she turned to look at her crew.

“I wouldn’t say that.” Annie said from the XO’s chair. She looked over her readings and then up at Grace. “According to the computer we’re back in the right time.”

“I sense a but coming.” Grace said as she stocked back over to her chair.

Annie nodded. “I don’t think we’re in the right reality.”

“What makes you say that, Commander?” Grace asked.

“According to the public access grid,” The redhead replied. “There is no U.S.S. Banshee-C, I’m a diplomat on Betazed,” She paused a moment and then smirked, “and Grace Davis is a marine.”

“I’m a what?!” Grace scrunched her nose. “Ok, that’s just wrong.”

*This now places us in GT/Tempest's future. It's the same year as Banshee's home time line, but now we can see what happens to our GT/Tempest people 40 years from our current GT/Tempest plotlines.
--

A.D.A Alex Cabot: He's as bad as his client hoping the victim is to traumatized to testify! He’s lucky I didn’t knock his teeth down his throat!

Capt. Don Cragen: I’d pay real money to see that.