[ussbansheec] Healing

  • From: "Moria Grace" <bansheec@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ussbansheec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 23:54:15 -0400

"Healing"
Moria McEntire

The stars above them were dimmed by the lights of the city, but it didn't make
the view from the rooftop of the visual arts building any less captivating.
Moria smiled as she snuggled into Sam's arms. He was pointing up to a set of
blinking lights as they passed over head, "That's a type nine shuttle." Sam
could point out the class of anything that flew just by the pattern of their
under lights.

"I crashed one of those once." Moria giggled. "I got bored and it was in the
field just below my Dad's workshop. He and my brothers were working on it. I
got it about twenty feet off the ground before the power couplings blew and it
crashed back to the ground." Her giggle turned into an embarrassed laugh as she
hide her face in his chest. "As soon as she was sure I wasn't hurt my Mummy was
so mad all she could do was sputter at me. I had to wait until way past dinner
before she came up to 'discuss' things with me."

Sam laughed. "Didn't even get a good joy ride out of it huh?" Moria shook her
head and smiled, Sam held her a little tighter. "I hope you don't plan on doing
anything over the summer that requires 'discussions' with your Ri'nanov."

"Summers a long three months, Sam. Can't make any promises." Moria replied as
she propped herself up so she could look into his face. "You will come by
before you leave for ch'Rihan, won't you?"

"Of course I will." Sam replied as he ran his finger down the bridge of her
nose. "I've been ordered to a barbeque haven't I, and I always follow orders."

Moria laughed. "Sure you do. Wanna tell me again why you've been grounded for a
month? Which, may I remind you, is why you can't take me home tomorrow." Sam
flushed an almost froggy green. "Mmhmm." She teased before leaning down and
kissing him. "Don't you worry about me getting into trouble, you worry about
yourself mister. No fair getting thrown in the brig to avoid meeting the
MacHaleGarrityMurgos."

Sam laughed. "I wouldn't dream of it, little io."

Rolling her eyes Moria smirked as she settled back down on Sam's chest. "It's
going to be a great summer." She sighed happily.

"It sounds like a busy summer to me." Sam looked up at another passing shuttle
as he combed his fingers through Moria's hair.

"Two weeks at home before us McEntires head off on a family vacation, then back
home until August and then I take off with Noah and Hawk for two weeks on
Dorvan." Moria smiled. She could hardly wait. "That doesn't sound so busy to
me."

"I'm going to miss you little io." Sam lifted Moria's head up.

Moria kissed him. "It will be rather strange. Noah says we've been attached at
the lips for the past nine months."

Sam laughed. "That old boy needs to find himself a female."

"I have a couple single cousins." Moria teased as Sam caressed her face. The
way he was looking into her eyes made her stomach tighten, and the growing
violet in his eyes made her tremble. Offering him a shaky smile she asked.
"What?"

"Ouye." He whispered as he drew her face down to his and kissed her.

Moria loved the way she felt when she got lost in his kisses. The excitement,
the security, the burning under her skin. She kissed him back with as much
passion as she was receiving, but then Sam's hand slipped under her shirt and
cupped her breast, his thigh raised and pressed between her legs, and Moria
froze.

It had happened before and Sam wasn't surprised when it had happened again.
Pulling back he reached out and caressed Moria's face.

"I'm sorry." She said softly.

"If your not ready little io then your not ready." Sam replied. He wouldn't
push, he wanted her more then anything and he was so disappointed everything
they had to stop, but he wouldn't push.

Moria was starting to think that she'd never be ready. She and Sam had been
together for months and she cared for him, she loved him, yet she couldn't make
love to him. There's something wrong with me.

"Come on, little io. You need to get back to your dorm and finish packing." Sam
tried to get up but Moria wouldn't let him. "Mo?"

Pain, anger, and frustration gleamed in her eyes. "This is stupid!" She sat up
and pulled her legs to her chest. "This is utter bollocks."

Sam blinked as he sat up and looked at her. "What is?"

Looking into Sam's eyes, her own eyes a swirl of stormy grey, Moria grabbed his
hand and put it on her breast. "Make love to me."

Sam blinked again. "Your not ready, Moria."

"But I want to!" Moria yelled as she pushed his hand down until it was between
her legs.

Sam shook his head and withdrew his hand. "Your not ready."

Moria shot to her feet and walked over to the edge of the roof. She looked out
over the harbor and fumed solely at herself. When she felt Sam standing behind
her she whispered. "I'm broken."

"Broken?" Sam asked.

"He didn't actually rape me, but he broke me as if he had, all the same." She
answered without thinking that Sam wouldn't understand.

Sam wasn't sure what to say but he suddenly wanted to kill a man he didn't even
know.

When it finally dawned on Moria that Sam had no clue what she was talking about
she began to explain everything. She told him about the party and about Manny
and about James. When she was finished she stood stone still as she looked out
over the edge again. When she finally turned around to look at Sam she asked
again, this time with desperation in her eyes. "Please make love to me."

Sam closed the distance between them and wrapped her is his arms. "I will,
e'lev, but not until your ready."

Moria clung to him, tears rolling down her cheeks. "I'm broken." She repeated.

"But your healing." Sam said softly. "We wouldn't even be together if you
weren't would we?"

She had to think about that but finally she shook her head.

"See your healing, and when your ready, we'll make love and never stop."

Moria giggled. "We're gonna miss a lot of classes."