[ussbansheec] Girl Talk

  • From: "Moria Grace" <bansheec@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ussbansheec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 00:40:13 -0400

Girl Talk
Evy Hale and Moria McEntire-McKenna

Evy rolled over again. The bed was soft and comfy but it just didn't feel right
without the extra body in it. One night with a man and she was already used to
him holding her. The whole room smelled of him and it made her smile as she
dragged herself out of bed and put of the previous night's clothes. She wanted
to wait for Joseph but her mind kept going back over things he'd said, what had
happened and she needed to talk to someone. Shrugging at her own foolishness,
she headed for Moria's office.

Sitting on the sofa in her office with a padd in one hand and a cup of tea in
the other, Moria poured over the report on moral she was preparing for the
Captain. Her thoughts however were only partly on her work. There was just so
much going on around her to think.

Ringing the chime, Evy bounced up and down on the balls of her feet. "Come on,
cuz, it's me," she called through the door.

Moria grinned at the sound of Evy's voice. "Come on in me."

Practically skipping in, Evy beamed at Moria and plopped down on the sofa next
to her. "I got the day off and I was bored so I came to annoy you instead. Plus
I'm using my Get Out of Jail Free card coz I need to talk to you."

"Officially or personally?" Moria asked as she leaned forward and started to
pour a cup of tea for Evy. She couldn't help but smile when she looked at her
baby cousin. It was as clear as day where young Ms. Hale had spent the night by
the glow of her skin and the warmth in her eyes.

"Well I want your counsellor's brain but I'd rather it was you and not
Counsellor McEntire I was talking to, if you see what I mean," Evy felt the
colour already rising on her cheeks and she took the tea gratefully to give her
hands something to do. "It's kinda sorta about Joseph and kinda sorta about
sex..."

After pouring a bit of fresh tea into her own cup, Moria sat back and turned so
she could look at Evy. "Well in that cause the Doc's out and Mo's in." She
sipped her tea and then reached out to push Evy's hair off her shoulders.
"What's on your mind, Sweetpea?"

"I just wanna know," Evy shrugged, "why I got scared, I guess."

"Because it's scary as hell." Moria admitted. "Having sex for the very first
time is like jumping off a cliff. Having it for the first with someone new can
be pretty scary too."

"I froze. I couldn't go through with it." Her cheek burned as she stared at her
hands. "He stopped then held me all night."

Moria smiled warmly, a knowing look in her eyes. "There's nothing wrong with
that, Evy."

"Is there? He ain't gonna hate me coz I'm frigid?" Evy felt her colour rise
another notch.

"He loves you, Evy." Moria told her as she put a reassuring hand on the younger
woman's knee. "He'll wait for as long as he has too because of that. Just like
Sam waited for me."

"He did?" Lifting her head, Evy looked at her cousin. "You went through this?"

Moria nodded. "When I left home to go to college. My first year there I meet
one of Joseph's flight school buddies. Samual tr'Illialhlae." Moria got a far
away look in her eyes that was a mixture of happiness and pain. "Sam and I were
together for over a year before I could make love to him. Up until then
whenever we went a little to far, I'd freeze up and we'd have to stop."

"A year?" Evy shuddered. "I don't think I could wait that long. I mean, I want
to, I just... damnit, I don't know what happens."

"I couldn't do it because I had something to get over." Moria titled Evy's head
so they could see each other. "Aside from being scared what makes you stop?"

Evy mumbled something incoherent under her breath and hugged herself tightly.

Reaching over Moria rubbed Evy's back. "Sweetpea if you want me to help or to
just listen, then your going to have to talk to were I can hear and understand
you."

Huffing out a breath, she said, "I'm scared it's gonna hurt and that I'll be
crap and he'll take one look at me and run a mile."

"Look at me, Evy." Moria said gently. Once Evy was looking at her she addressed
each part of what Evy had said. "First off, there's no way he'd run a mile to
get away from you because one, your gorgeous, and two he loves you completely.
Second, sex like anything else is a learned skill built on top of natural
instinct. I doubt you'll be crap, but as you learn what each other likes and
dislikes you'll get better. Third," Moria sighed a little. "the very first time
normally does hurt a little."

"How much will it hurt?" Evy asked.

Moria wondered if her Nanna had talked to Evy about sex before or if she got a
more detailed chat because her mother's a doctor. "It varies. But normally it's
a sudden sharp pain, nothing bright light exploding behind your eyes sharp, but
gasping sharp, and then some soreness."

Running her hand through her hair, Evy laughed weakly. "You'd think someone my
age would know already, wouldn't you?"

"How would you know if you've never done it or talked about it before?" Moria
asked. Then before she could stop herself she added, "Didn't Nanna talk to you
about all of this?"

Evy shrugged. "She gave me an article on a PADD and said if I had any questions
I should ask her. Now since when have I ever been the type to read articles on
PADDs?"

Moria frowned. "And she never said anything about the emotional pull of it all?"

"Are you kidding? By the time I was old enough to understand about sex and shit
like that, I was the cause of her worst sleepless nights she'd ever had. Hell,
the woman swore blind I'd be unmarried and pregnant by the time I was 16." Evy
snorted. "The way that woman goes on, you'd think it was a crime."

"Well I wouldn't say she thought it a crime. I mean she had seven kids, six
pregnancies." Refilling their tea cups Moria thought about a few things. "Evy,
do you think some of your apprehension might come from what you Mum did tell
you? You make it sound like she wants you to wait but that she thinks you'll
fail at it."

Sitting back on the couch, Evy felt herself shrug again but suppressed it. "If
I sleep with him, it's because I'm in love with him and I intend to spend the
rest of my life with him. I didn't 'keep myself pure' just to please my mother.
The main reason was because I never found someone I wanted to be with before.
And now I have him and he's so perfect but I can't do what he wants me to."

"Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why can't you do what he wants?" Moria asked. "Is it something so strange and
kinky that it's unimaginable?"

"No!" Evy blushed horrendously red. "Damnit, Moria, what kind of man do you
think he is?"

Moria laughed. "An incredibly sweet one. Look Sweetpea, it's natural to be wary
of your first time, but when your ready you'll know it."