[ussbansheec] Four Pack of Trouble

  • From: Andy Maluhia <CaptainAndy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ussbansheec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 12:07:54 -0400

His mother had assured Etienne that Starfleet Academy would be no picnic, especially if he was doing the full program unlike she did. Maman was right, Etienne told himself as he hunched down in the library chair to study. Of course, he grumbled, it doesn't help that I got stuck in a quad full of future doctors. Nobody to share the other courses with. He'd just returned his dark eyes to his study PADD, resting the side of his head on his upraised palm, when somebody dropped into the chair next to him.

"I've been looking for you," the fair skinned girl with the bright green eyes stated.

"Why?" Etienne asked, turning on his father's charm. "Have you come to take me away from all of this?"

Coaimhe's smile widened. "No, to drag you in further, of course," she stated. Pointing at herself, she said, "Coaimhe Ecitsuj. I'm in your bio-physics class."

Etienne thought about the faces in that class. They were all pretty much the same. He recalled seeing her before but it was always in the company of an absolutely striking Vulcan girl and a dark haired Human male. They seemed to get on together so well. Diable chanceux, he thought as he recalled seeing the Human male laugh with the two girls. Mon Dieu, but where are your manners, Etienne? Just because you're miserable it doesn't mean everyone else has to be.

"Etienne Aigremont," he said with a smile as warm as his eyes as he held out his hand. "Where are your two companions? Every time I see one of you, you are with one of the others."

"Over there," Coaimhe stated, pointing her chin toward one of the larger corner tables. "We need a fourth for our project. Join us?"

He really had no choice, especially when, in the course of standing up, Coaimhe took him by the hand and led him across the room. "See?" Coaimhe said to the other two. "He said he'd join us. He's in the class after all."

David grinned. Considering the somewhat shocked look on his face, the poor guy had no doubt been stunned by Coaimhe's happy outgoing personality. "David Lynley," he said, holding out his hand. He nodded toward T'Cerys and said, "This is T'Cerys Menkara. Good of you to join us. The project really should be done by four and we didn't have the fourth."

"Your other quad mate isn't in the class?" Etienne asked as he shook David's hand then nodded to T'Cerys.

"He is a waste of oxygen," T'Cerys stated.

"Bloody ..." David began. He cut himself off, knowing that he could very well go into a tirade that would both embarrass and please both his parents. "Bloke's a persona nongrata in our little world so sit and join the brat trio in the project, will you?"

Etienne felt himself liking the other two as much as he liked Coaimhe. David was awfully charming for an Englishman. He took the chair across from David then asked, "Do I even want to know why 'brat trio'?"

"Starfleet brats--all of us," David explained. "My mum teaches Engineering classes and my dad's a retired NCO, Coaimhe's opposite: her mum's retired and her dad still teaches, and T'Cerys' mum is a civilian but her dad is the Fleet rep to Vulcan. Have you got the credentials, mate?"

"Not that it is a requirement to join us," T'Cerys said with a slight twinkle in her dark eyes.

"Especially since he who shall remain nameless is a legacy as well," Coaimhe stated.

"Ah, I understand," Etienne said with his father's smile. "I am in the proper company then. Both of my parents are retired NCOs."

"Perfect!" David said brightly. "Now, perhaps enough with the chit chat and down to business?"
~~~~~~~~~~

"Give it a rest, Lynley. I know you're as much a freak as the rest of your little group. Your mom's a freak of nature who should have been drowned at birth." JJ stated with a smirk.

David supposed one could have heard a Ferengi penny drop in the tenth floor library. JJ Butler had, in short order, called Etienne, T'Cerys, and Coaimhe all freaks for being of a mixed species. JJ hated the lot of them, even Lynley who passed himself as Human but who was really half freak.

David blinked just once, even as he felt the color flood his face. He turned his eyes toward the others. "Do you remember that experiment we did for the project?" he asked.

"The one on the holodeck with the antigrav boots?" Etienne asked.

"That's the one," David stated. "We never did test the theory in real time. Would one of you ladies be so kind as to open the window?"

T'Cerys always thought it a bit strange that there were no screens, electronic or physical, on the library's windows but she supposed there would be. Soon. Without a word, Coaimhe marched over and opened the window. Before JJ could realize what they were doing, David and Etienne had him by either arm and were dragging him over to the window. Of course he was kicking his feet, trying to get away, but T'Cerys, wishing to be helpful in the matter, grabbed his ankles and held tightly. With a little nudge from Vulcan strength, Etienne and David soon had JJ dangling out the window, each of them with a firm grip around his ankles.

"You know, this is really quite pointless," T'Cerys mused. "It doesn't matter how heavy something is, if you drop it, it falls at the same rate as an object with less mass."

"Oh, come now, T'Cerys. What about the noise?" Coaimhe asked as she leaned an elbow on the wide window sill. "Or the splat width when it hits the ground? Remember when we dropped the pumpkins from that apple tree?"

David and Etienne grinned at each other. The girls were playing right along. They all froze, though, at a sharply barked, "That will be quite enough, cadets."

Two MPs and a lieutenant marched across the room. The lieutenant fixed her eyes on David and Etienne. "Pull him in right now, boys, and you had better start thinking of your explanations right now."