[ussbansheec] "First Kiss"

  • From: "Moria Grace" <bansheec@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ussbansheec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 14:03:56 -0400

"First Kiss"
Moria McEntire

Bianca sat on her bed and watched as her roommate curled her long red hair and
then pinned some of it back out of her face. She smiled as Moira slipped into
the bathroom and then laughed. "Going out with mister hot ass Rommie again?"

"Don't call him a Rommie." Moria scolded from the bathroom. "And what makes you
think I'm going out with Sam?"

"Because you've gone out with him every free night he's had for the past month
and a half." Bianca called back.

When Moria stepped out of the bathroom she was wearing a little black dress
that showed just a hint of cleavage, a pair of strappy heels that made her at
least an inch and half taller, and the single strand of pearls that her parents
had given her and her sisters for their sweet sixteen. "We're friends who've
been hanging out to relax whenever we find ourselves with down time."

"Sure, and I'm the Queen of Spain." Bianca teased. "Last time I checked, you
never dressed like that when you've gone out with Noah and Joseph just to hang
out."

"We're going to the opera house, it's a formal thing." Moria replied.

Bianca tried not to giggle or beam to much. "And I suppose there's dinner out
involved in this little outing."

Moria looked up slowly from her purse, which she was loading with the odds and
ends she would be needing for the night. "The little French place that just
opened up with the view of the bridge."

"Well, Rojo, that sounds like yet another date to me." Reaching over into the
top of her nightstand drawer, Bianca rummaged around and then pulled out a
square piece of foil which she threw at Moria. "Better put that in your purse
just in case."

Catching the foil wrapper, Moria looked down at it and paled before she
blushed. "Bianca!"

Bianca laughed hard at the look on her roommates face as the younger girl
looked down at the condom. "You haven't even kissed him yet have you?"

Moria threw the condom back at Bianca and huffed. Then she sighed and rolled
her eyes. "No," She answered softly. "we haven't."

"Why not? It's as clear as crystal that you like him." Bianca tossed the condom
back in her drawer.

Plopping down onto her bed, Moira looked over at her friend. "I don't know if
he wants to kiss me or not. I'm not very good at this dating thing."

Bianca smiled at her friend. "Ask him."

Moria blinked. Ask him? She blinked again. "What do you mean ask him?"

"Did I slip into Spanish again? I could have sworn I said that in English."
Bianca teased. "Trust me, kid, he wants to kiss you, he's just gotta know your
ready."

"That's just it, Binks, I don't know if I am." Moria sighed again and played
with the strap of her purse. "I've never done more then hug a guy, or peck him
on the cheek at the end of a date. Which might be why I've never seen anyone
one more then twice."

"Or maybe you've never gone out with someone more then twice because they
weren't Sam."

That actually made Moria's head snap up. Could it really be that simple? Or was
it because she'd always avoided dating because she didn't trust? Maybe a little
of both? Sighing, Moria wished more then anything that she could call and talk
to her mother or Victoria.

"Hey you'd better get downstairs before he thinks he's being stood up." Bianca
smiled as she watched Moria get to her feet, a confused look still shadowing
her face. "Don't sweat it kid, things like that have a way of working
themselves out. Have a good time."

Moria smiled at Bianca and then picked up her purse. By the time she'd made it
down to the lobby of her dorm all worries and concerns were gone. Sam was
standing near the door wearing dark dress pants and a dark dress shirt and
Moria nearly gasped. She felt that lurch in the pit of her stomach that she
always felt when she saw him, but now there were butterflies and an odd tingle
too.

Sam smiled when he saw Moria standing there. "Ouye." He whispered as she came
closer.

Moria wasn't sure what he'd said but it made her blush anyway. "

"Beautiful." He repeated in English.

"Thank you." Moria replied, her blush, and eyes darkening. "You look very
dashing yourself."

Sam puffed out his chest and smiled. "Thank you."

Moria laughed. "Come on stud muffin we're going to be late."

Holding out his arm for Moria to take, Sam smiled as they headed for his car.
It was so easy for Moria to talk to Sam. They talked about everything and
anything, almost. They both seemed to avoid the topic of what was happening
between them. On the drive to the opera house, they talked about their weeks
and about how Moria was heading home next weekend with Joseph and Noah.

"I wish you could come with us." Moria sighed. "I'd love for you to meet
everyone."

"I know, but I promised my parents I'd come home." Sam replied.

Pulling up to the valet parking, Moria tried not to laugh as the valet gave Sam
an odd look after looking over the Mustang. Sam in return gave the poor guy his
best Rihannsu

snarl. As soon as the valet pulled away in the car, Moria did finally giggle.
"I think you scared him, Sam."

Sam smirked. "Oh?"

"The poor fool probably thought you were a Vulcan until you snarled at him."
She actually liked it when he did that. Sometimes, when he snarled like that,
and he could see her, he'd get this odd violet tint to his honey colored eyes.
The same odd violet color she'd noticed when she'd first meet his eyes tonight.

The opera was actually debuting a new Rihannsu opera, the first ever to be put
on at the Sydney Opera House. It was odd listening to the whole thing in
Rihannsu, but Moria pretty much knew what was going on on the stage, plus there
were subtitles being shown on monitors, but the best parts were when Sam would
lean close to her and tell her what was going on in a whisper.

At intermission Moria and Sam made their way out into the lobby. They were
standing close to each other, laughing and talking softly. Sam reached out and
brushed some of Moria's curls of her shoulder. Then Moria reached out and
picked something off his dark shirt. At one point Moria even rested her
forehead against his chest, as he wrapped an arm around her.

When the lights flickered to tell them it was time to go back inside, Moria
stopped dead in her tracks. Across the lobby, looking right at her, was her
grandfather. "Shit shit shit."

"What?" Sam asked with concern.

"He's here." Moria answered. "Sam I need to go."

Sam looked confused. "Who's here? Go where?"

"I'll explain later, please, he's coming this way."

Sam looked over his shoulder and saw an elderly man heading towards them.
Without hesitation he gently took Moria's arm and lead her towards the doors.
Turning to look over his shoulder again, Sam saw the man following them, so
instead of waiting out front for his car he lead Moria down towards the water.

Once he was sure the old man had stayed inside the opera house, Sam slowed down
and the two of them simply walked by the water for a little while. Finally he
asked, "Who was that?"

"Samual Jameson." Moria answered. "My Grandfather."

Sam blinked in surprise. "You ran from your Grandfather?"

Moria nodded. "He's not a very nice man and I know... I know he would have said
something..."

"About me?" Sam asked.

"Among other things." Moria sighed. "Like I said he's not a very nice man. He's
pushy, mean, arrogant, dominating, belittling..."

Sam watched as Moria became tense. "So that's the reason you don't like my
name."

Moria stopped and looked up at him. "Huh?" Then she remembered what she'd said
to him when she'd met him on the beach. "Oh," She smiled, "yeah that would be
way, but I've recently changed my mind."

Sam grinned.

They walked a little more. The silence between them comfortable. They stopped
to look at the bridge with it's lights on, and the lights coming from the boats
in the harbor. The air was growing cold and Moria pulled her sweater tighter
around herself, and then smiled when she felt Sam wrap his arms around her. She
leaned into him, resting the back of her head against his chest. They stood
that way for some time before Moria finally broke the stillness.

"Sam, can I ask you something?"

"Of course you can, Mo."

Moria chewed her lip. "Would you like to kiss me?"

Sam didn't hesitate. "More then anything."

Turning in Sam's arms, Moria titled her head up as Sam leaned in. The kiss was
gentle, careful, at first but then grew deeper. Moria closed her eyes as she
wrapped her arms around Sam's neck. The tingle she'd felt in the pit of her
stomach earalier was back, only now it was washing over her whole body.
Bollocks, but I think I'm in love with him.