<USS Banshee> Honky Tonk

  • From: EnsnSaraCrusher@xxxxxxx
  • To: ussbanshee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 23:09:25 EST

"Honky Tonk"
By: Oridian Starfire and Jenny Bartlett

"Relax, everything will be fine buddy." Oridian strode down the hallway,
trying to get as relaxed as possible as he talked to himself. He did this
rather
often, both in engineering and out. Dressed relatively nicely, a polo shirt
and  long pants, he had planned out a date with Jenny, and if all things went
well,  then it will be a good follow up for the last night. However, right now
the best  plan was for Oridian to be as much of himself as possible.

Sick bay had been a buzz for the last couple of days. Sara wanted  everything
perfect for the ever looming expectation by the visiting ambassador,  which
was all well and good for her. She was after the all the head of the
department, but that was in itâs self an issue. There was no mistaking that
the  tiny
little redhead chief new the meaning of âdelegation of responsibilitiesâ
very
well. Jenny sighed as she looked at herself in the mirror. She no longer
looked tired, but looks could be deceiving. She was rather glad that Oridian
had
asked her out, she needed a evening of down time and he was a pleasure to
spend  time with.

 A door was probably one of the biggest fears someone could face,  especially
in a situation like this. As he stood infront of the door, Oridian  thought
to himself weither or not this is even a good idea. He had so much that  needed
to get done back in the department. Things just needed to get tidied up,  but
with his staff anything could happen. He heard the chime almost before he
had pressed the call button, but all of that business in main engineering
didn't
 matter tonight.

Jenny smiled at the sound of the door chime. She looked at her reflection
one last time, fussed with her hair, and then went to the door and opened it.
Evening Mister Starfire.â

"Good evening Miss Head Nurse Jenny" He smiled at her and kissed her  lightly
on the cheek. "Are we ready to go? I've got something planned I think  you'll
really enjoy." He smiled again, he wasn't entirely sure wither the kiss  was
appropriate or not, but he decided to take the risk.

âLets go.â Jenny replied as she stepped out of her cabin. âIâm sure
what
ever you have planned itâll be nice, just as long as it doesnât involve
cleaning  and or updating anything.â

He smiled as they started walking down towards the holodecks. "Oh? I  thought
for our date we'd go organize the medical cargo bay."After a few minutes  of
walking they arrived at the holodeck and Oridian checked to make the program
was still ready to go. He felt more relaxed now, so was looking so amazing
tonight too... "After you." He motioned to the holodeck door after checking to
make sure everything was ok.

Jenny looked over at Oridian with a not funny look. âItâs a good thing your

cute.â Her features softened when she smiled at him. She liked how he allowed
 her to enter the lift or holodeck first, and how he opened doors for her.
Little  details like that had been long forgotten by most men. The scene that
appeared  before her as she walked into the holodeck made her smile. It was a
nice little  restaurant with what looked like a county band setting up on the
stage in the  corner. âNice touch.â
He chuckled as they walked over to an empty  table. "I got the idea from an
old academy friend of mine who grew up in  Tennessee. Wrote it myself, even
practiced dancing a little, though I can't  guarantee anything spectacular." He
held out her chair for her before sitting  down himself. It should be a fun
night, nervousness was starting to go away,  slowly though, very very slowly.

âItâs been a long time since Iâve been dancing so I canât guarantee
anything either.â Jenny replied with a warm smile.

"Well then I guess it will be an educational experience for both of us." He
laughed as the waitress walked over and took their drink orders. Sitting there
 idly for a moment, Oridian almost started to graph the new circuit system he
was  planning on using until he suddenly broke out of it. "So Sara has been
keeping  you guys busy over there in Sickbay? I know we've been working like
mad in  engineering."

Jenny nodded as the waitress put her drink in front of her. âYeah, sheâs
uptight about this tour thing. Iâve worked with my share of CMOs in my days
and
they all have a certain degree of pride that causes them to be anal about
their  sick bays, but itâs more with her.â Jenny paused to take a sip from
her
beer.  âMust be the whole âfamily legacyâ thing.â

"True, though with her name change I wonder if our visitors will know of  her
heritage." He nodded as he took a sip from his drink. "I just hope nothing
goes terribly wrong in engineering, though with folks like Wallace onboard it
will be tough." Conversation Oridian, think of something worth talking about.
"So did you enjoy our extra free leave at the starbase?"

âThey may not know but she does and thatâs driving force.â Jenny said
before moving on to his next question. âThe only time I really took off was
when
we went with Tel and Bruce and Cam to the arcade. I pretty much kept to my
normal shift. I did get to make some calls home which was nice. What about
you?â

 "Nothing really aside from little medical arcade fun. I had to go  onto the
starbase to pick up some new supplies for engineering and chatted with  the
starbase crew for a bit. Other then that nothing, just keeping things
operational onboard." He smiled and turned again as the waitress returned and
took
their food orders. "Yeah, I'm glad we have Cam and Tel onboard with us.  Always
fun to have a child onboard."

âMust be kind of lonely for Cam though.â It was nice to just relax and talk

to someone about something non-medical related. âTelâs a good kid. Been
under a  lot of stress though.â

Oridian nodded. "I could only imagine though whenever I talk to she seems  to
be alright." He looked over suddenly as the band was tuning up. "Well, they
should be ready to go soon, but first we'll eat." He laughed as the waitress
came with the meals.

Somehow a nice holographic setting seemed to make replicated food taste
better. They ate slowly and continued their conversation. âSo what kind of
dances
did you practice?â

"A couple, mostly line dances though. Something about a shuffle, maybe a
blue shuffle or something like that. I think another one was called square
dancing. Very confusing if you ask me." He laughed at himself when he was
practicing with the holograms, he could have sworn that they were laughing at
him too.

Jenny laughed lightly. âI guess if you tried to remember what they were all
called you could get confused. We normally just do what the other folks are
doinâ no need to know the names.â

"Yeah, well lets just hope I remember them that well." Oridian smiled  again,
the band was starting up their first tune. "Well, if your finished with
dinner then would you care to dance the night away?"

Jenny forgot all about being tired as she started dancing with Oridian.  They
line danced, two steeped, and boot scooted, and she had to admit that
Oridian wasnât to bad. âNot bad for a novice.â

He laughed as the band took a short break. "Yeah, well I guess I can learn
quickly. Those last 2 I had no idea what I was doing, just kinda went with the
flow. You were out there like a pro though, I'm very impressed."

âWhen we were little my parents would dance in the living room on Saturday
nights and when we were big enough they taught us how.â Jenny told him as
they
walked back to the table.

Oridian nodded and looked at his watch for a moment. "Well then, its  getting
mightly late, and by that I mean if we were on a planet the sun would be
rising soon. That plus the fact that I'm beat from trying to keep up with your
amazing moves" and amazing looks he thought. "Ready to head on home?" Overall
this night had gone wonderfully well he thought, and it seemed as though Jenny
 was having a good time, couldn't have been better.

âI think thatâs a good idea. I need to be in early.â Jenny replied as she

stood up. She walked along wide Oridian as they made theyâre way back to her
quarters. âI had a nice time, Oridian.â

 He smiled as he leaned in and kissed her gently on the lips. "I had a  nice
time too, and I just hope that we can find more in the future for nights  like
these."

âMe too, Oridian.â Jenny returned his kiss before opening her door and
stepping inside. âGood night.â She said with a smile just before the doors
closed between them.