[usf-devel] Re: USF plugin for TCPMP

  • From: Robert Vincenz <vincenz@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: usf-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 11:19:47 +0200

Christian HJ Wiesner wrote:

Hi,

when reading here : http://www.corecodec.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=29&expv=0&topic=1827.0 i wonder if there is anything the USF and matroska ML's should be copied on ? Are you guys trying to create a USF sub-profile for portable players ? Great idea, but shouldn#t we discuss this publically, respecting the nature of an opensource project ?

yes, this shoul/must be discused in the public. I mean that a script based subtitle isn't good for standalone and low cpu paower and Ram devices. There is a prerendert Version like OSF better.

More questions : Will pixifier, a Delphi lib, run on PalmOS or WinCE ?

i don't know if there is a compiler for PalmOS. WinCe should work.

Is anybody into rewriting pixifier as a C lib ? Toff metnioned doing the lib is one thing, making it usable on so many different OS is another thing.

tahts true and this is the rease why it have no one start to port announce. But maybe chronosubs render engine can be "extracted" and used for.

Do you guys have any concept about this already ?

no.

Robert Vincenz
http://usf.corecodec.org