[usf-devel] USF playback support on Linux

  • From: Christian HJ Wiesner <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: usf-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Discussion about the current and future development of Matroska <matroska-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2005 22:54:12 +0200

Hi devs,

i was talking with BBB of the Gstreamer team about if they could use pixifier in some form. He made clear to me that a DELPHI library is of no use at all, it had to be C/C++ and with the correct language entry points.

I was thinking maybe we could somehow make and use a DLL from pixifier, but BBB denied that. He thinks not even a SO file would help, even if there was a usable DELPHI compiler for Linux already.

In short, we need to rewrite pixifier in C or C++, so that USF could conquer the Linux world, and thus could gain a significant advantage compared to SSA/ASS. And BTW, only gstreamer 0.8.0 could have subtitles support right now. 0.9.0 does not have subs support right now, they are still fighting how its going to look.

Regards

Christian
http://usf.corecodec.org