[usbca_chess] New Upcoming Chess Tournament

  • From: "J Thoune" <hazelnutt2001@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <usbca_chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2015 15:13:52 -0600

Hi All,

If you are willing to play chess via Skype, then I invite and encourage you
to consider the tournament that Kathy Mertz is running beginning in January.
In the advertisement below, you will see that you would be playing people
from other countries. You need not worry about language issues; all games
are played in English. The time control is 30 moves in 60 minutes. It's a
great experience if you've never tried it before; I hope you find it
intriguing! If you are interested, please contact Kathy directly. Her
contact information is included below.

Best wishes for a rewarding and joyful new year!

Jim T

I eagerly invite you to enter our very popular team tournament, Europe
versus the World. The winner will be either Team Europe or Team World. There
may even be a tie. Team Europe will consist of players from the British
Isles and mainland Europe, including Turkey. Team World will be the rest of
us. The entry deadline is Monday, January 11, 2016, at 1800 UTC. Please
enter only by email, either to this list or to my private email address.

That way I will have written proof of the entry time and date for each
player. At the entry deadline, if the number of players is not the same on
each team, the last people who entered will be the first removed from the
tournament until the team membership is even.

Yours in Chess,

Kathy Mertz

Tournament Director

Skype ID: kathy-mertz