[Umpqua Birds] Re: White-throated Sparrow, S. Roseburg

  • From: Kenneth Phifer <phiferk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: umpquabirds <umpquabirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 May 2014 12:21:28 -0700

No white throats here at the phifers, all my winter birds are gone.

Date: Fri, 9 May 2014 21:00:31 -0700
Subject: [Umpqua Birds] White-throated Sparrow, S. Roseburg
From: matthewghunter@xxxxxxxxx
To: umpquabirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Just wanted to pass on a record from Ronne Vaughn in south Roseburg. She called
to tell me about a White-throated Sparrow that had been in her back yard the
last few days, but didn't look too good. As she described it to me, with bill
open and seemingly not able to close, it sounded as if it probably had hit a
window and could not recover. It died yesterday (May 8). Early May records are
not unprecedented, but they are scarce.

  Ken and Sharon, have you had any at your feeder recently? Anyone else? When
was the last date?

Best,
Matt