[Umpqua Birds] Re: Calif. Scrub jay behavior

  • From: Anya Shortridge <ashortridge@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: umpquabirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2019 17:05:11 -0700

Our chickadees do this!

Anya
Myrtle Creek

On 7/9/2019 5:38 PM, Stacy Burleigh wrote:

This may be nothing new to all of you that frequently have scrub jays at your home, but I don't have one visit that often and wanted to see how common this behavior is.
I have witnessed this scrub jay 3 times go to the eves of my house and pull off paper wasp nests and eat what is inside. I don't have very many wasp nests this year but one of them did provide quite the nice meal!

Stacy Burleigh
Melrose
1170'

To send a message to the list: address email to umpquabirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx