[Umpqua Birds] Birding with Phoenix students

  • From: Tatiana Dolgushina <tatiana.nikolai@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: umpquabirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 May 2014 12:51:27 -0700

Hello Umpqua Birds members,

My name is Tatiana, I’m an Americorps at the Phoenix Charter School here in
Roseburg.

I’m teaching 2 weeks of Ornithology at the school starting on Monday May 12,
and I was wondering if any of the members are interested in leading a short
birding walk for the students. Or if any would like to come into the classroom
for a short birding techniques presentation. I’m taking the students on birding
field trips as much as I can for the duration of the 2 weeks. It will be a very
flexible and field focused class, especially because it’s the end of the school
year and I want them outside watching and learning about birds!

The class I teach runs 12:40pm-2:25pm every day except for Wednesdays, so I’m
very flexible about the days right now (except for May 15th).

If you don’t mind passing this onto any volunteers or birders who’d like to
teach our youth about the importance of birds - that would be wonderful.

Thank you for your help!

Tatiana Dolgushina

Americorps Ecosystems Restoration Leader
Phoenix Charter School
440-212-6783